JOIN OUR TEAM
The Detec team is proud to be working on the cutting edge of Moisture Monitoring and electronic Leak Detection Technology. The talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together we share a common set of values rooted in integrity and excellence. Detec Systems can provide an exceptional foundation for career opportunity - a place for people to learn, to achieve and to grow.
Job Title: Project Manager
Location: Seattle Area WA
Salary: D.O. E.
Manage scanning and installation process to produce quality work within the timeframe and budget. Coordinating and managing multiple projects while supervising field employees and 3rd party installers when required.
• Installation of our state of the art moisture detection systems for building envelopes and roofs
• Provide quality control audits and inspections of contractors’ installations, based on Detec’s strict design standards
• Perform Roof/Deck Membrane Integrity Scans using our patented technology
• Plan schedule, prioritize and organize material deliveries, equipment and manpower ensuring that all projects progress in an efficient and productive manner.
• Provide take offs, quotes, submittals and as built drawings
• Consider company standards and meet or exceed customer expectations in all decisions.
• Inspect job site to ensure scanning/installations are performed in accordance with plans, specifications and that company standards are met. Implement corrective action for any deficiencies identified.
• Interface with client’s representative on job site to resolve issues, clarify change orders and schedule changes.
• Travel required. Must have or be able to obtain passport. Must have reliable vehicle.
• Responsible for all aspects of the installation process, from scheduling to commissioning. This includes ensuring all required DFR’s, commissioning reports, change orders etc. are filled out correctly, submitted to the appropriate person and copies place in drop box in a timely manner.
• Ensure commissioning reports and “as built” drawings are completed, sent to client and copies placed in Dropbox
• Communicate with Design/Construction/Office team throughout the duration of the project
Installation and programming of system electronics
• Submit hours and expenses on time.
• Develop and execute quality assurance tests, and on-site system troubleshooting
• Participate in internal Detec meetings
• Maintain and update operation manuals as required to ensure they are relevant.
• Participate in pre-con meeting as required.
• Adopt Detec’s core values of integrity, teamwork, customer service, innovation and creativity.
• Ensure high level of technical competence for the field technicians and oversee the quality of installations.
• Maintain open communication with internal/external field personnel and respond, if required or convey their needs and concerns to appropriate office personnel in a timely manner.
• Provide leadership to Detec employees, third party contractors and clients.
• Identify cost and quality efficient solutions to problems.
• Confirm hours worked and description of work performed for self and field techs.
• Communicate any resources and equipment needs through weekly forecasts
• Provide manager and customer representative with status reports as required.
• Ensure all documentation including DFRs are submitted in a timely manner.
• Must be able to work extended hours as required may include occasional weekends and evenings.
• Perform other related duties as required to ensure a safe workplace, quality scans/ installations, and timely on budget completion of each project.
• Maintain contact with roofing/waterproofing companies; promote positive relations with all Detec clients.
• Assist in the budget planning process and monitor job expenditures
• Provide input and recommendations for annual operations budget
• Provide input to the R&D process by assisting in field evaluations, making products improvement recommendations and identifying new product opportunities.
• Ensure field technician’s equipment is in good condition and functioning as designed.
• Provide technical support for the Detec team as needed.
• Set example and foster a work environment that encourages high morale and motivates employees to perform at highest level
• Develop communication method to keep management well informed and confident on project current status
• Flexible schedule to be able to travel with short notice.
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
• Construction industry experience (specifically roof assemblies)
• High school diploma or GED required and Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field.
• Ability to effectively lead the field techs to the completion of and in conformance with schedule and customer requirements
• Ability to read and quickly understand architectural/electrical/mechanical drawings
• Experience with electrical low voltage systems and diagnostic tools
• Ability to lead, supervise, train, and support field technicians
• Must be proficient with computer applications, including MS Office and AutoCAD
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent planning and organizational skills to balance and prioritize work.
• A strong understanding of contracts and contract interpretation
• Valid driver’s license required
• Ability to listen, understand and respond appropriately to verbal requests made in person and/or over the phone in a timely and professional manner.
• Effective analytical, written, oral and interpersonal skills
• Self-motivated, with strong work ethic and ability to work with limited supervision
• Flexibility to adapt to changing priorities and timelines
• Successful candidate must be in good physical condition – the position involves some rooftop and ladder work
• Hands-on experience with building electrical and control systems
• Low voltage or electrical license