Title: Tablet SW Engineer (Windows)
Other Locations: USA-California, Santa Clara, USA-Arizona, Phoenix, USA-Oregon, Hillsboro
Join NTG's Software and Solutions Engineering (SSE) team, which is responsible for delivering driver, middleware and application software components to create new and compelling products based on NTG's IA SOC tablet platforms. The team is in the early forming stage and provides the candidate with an excellent opportunity to play a key role in building the organization and capabilities from the ground up. Many opportunities exist to create and productize software at multiple levels of the platform stack. Examples of key deliverables include: Porting, creation and native optimization of key tablet middleware such as HTML5, Flash, QT, the Compute Continuum Foundation and Media Playback/surface rendering functions; Implementation of platform-wide content protection and power management capabilities; Tablet platform component driver development and Windows BSP development; Support of OS and full SW stack integration and system level debug for Intel reference and customer platforms.
The successful candidate should be able to thrive in a fast-paced, startup like environment.
BS 6 years or MS 4 years experience; degree discipline to be in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field.
- 6 years developing software drivers and/or embedded firmware including experience with complex embedded systems and/or high performance GFX and video/audio processing.
- 6 years in C programming and SW design skills.
- 6 years working with Windows internals, drivers and RTOS concepts
- Knowledge of IA/PC system architecture and experience with development of consumer based devices such as tablets (touchscreens), mobile phones or set top boxes
- familiar with Agile based SW development and defect tracking methods
Job Category: Software Engineering
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Job Type: Experienced