Title: Wireless Data Sales Specialist - Roanoke, VA / Morgantown, WV
The Wireless Data Sales Support Specialist(WDSSS) is a position within USCC's regional sales organizations that will help with sales and deployments of wireless data services. The primary role of the WDSSS will be to help close data sales by being a wireless data subject matter expert and to support the regional field sales force in working with their customers and prospects. Initially the WDSSS will focus their efforts on the PC card product, although the role will be expanded to include other data product responsibilities as USCC adds additional data products. The position will provide the regional sales force with on-going technical sales support to assist with the identification and refinement of solutions for customer data applications including: customer needs assessment, solution proposals, customer training and problem solving relative to the complex world of wireless data products.
* Perform pre-sales solution evaluation and customer proposals.
* Perform advanced and thorough collection of information relative to customer applications and needs. Among these are assessments of technical scenarios including the interoperability of operating systems, VPN's, PCs and other devices with PC Cards and other USCC data products.
* Provide support to regional sales force relative to wireless data products and services.
* Insure successful data services solution deployment with customers, including working as the liaison with their technical organization.
* Coordinate and conduct customer training and orientation around wireless data products.
* Travel within markets will be required (some overnight).
* Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience in a technical field with at least 3 to 5 years technical sales or technical sales support in communications/computer industry required.
* Advanced telephony knowledge with emphasis on wireless, as well as telephone and communication networking principles required.
* Proficiency with Windows Operating Systems (XP, 2000, 98SE, ME) and common Window's applications (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio) required.
* Proficiency with PC architecture, laptop PCs, and interconnecting technologies required.
* Working knowledge of data communications, including modem and PC card installation and operation required.
* Knowledge of Firewall and VPN technologies required.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
* Excellent problem solving skills required.
* Excellent presentation skills with ability to develop and present solution-oriented presentations to all levels of management, including technical and non-technical required.
* Ability to handle multiple projects at once required.
* Knowledge of CDMA 1x and WiFi networks desired.
* Knowledge of LAN and WAN technologies desired.
* Must have good understanding of differences between switched and packet data transmissions.