Job Title Contract Manufacturing Manager
Job Function Contract Manufacturing
Full Time/Part Time Full Time
Eligible for Relocation Assistance Yes
* Responsible for quality, customer service, inventory, finished goods production, material planning, cost control, cost reduction and vendor relations at the Contract Manufacturing facilities. Provides effective project management for key business growth and productivity improvement initiatives at Contract Manufacturers.
* Develop and maintain business relationships with Contract Manufacturers responsible for manufacturing ConAgra products.
Lead teams to oversee all aspects of operational performance that meets the quality, food safety standards, regulatory policies, customer service and cost requirements of ConAgra Foods Inc.
* Act as a liaison and point of contact between Contract Manufacturers and the functional departments within the Operating Groups.
* Ensure effective use of resources and communication of priorities by coordinating efforts between Marketing, R&D, Manufacturing and Product Supply departments.
Position Responsibilities Product Commercialization:
* Manage Projects through execution to ensure specifications are established prior to production and all parameters are achieved during the qualification, verification and commercialization steps. Ensure adequate technical representation (Quality, R & D and Procurement) is present during project phases.
* Project driver on key manufacturing projects, e.g., new product introduction, rationalization of facilities.
* Establish and report KPI''s for co-manufacturers on quality, food safety, customer service and financial reporting. Develop and execute strategies to improve performance. Conduct regular Operational Improvement reviews with Contract Manufacturers to improve production efficiency and reduce production cost.
* Analyze manufacturing best practices within ConAgra facilities and look to implement these practices into the key strategic Contract Manufacturers.
* Serve as the primary function for obtaining Operational savings at Contract Manufacturer facilities and ensure that savings are tracking according to expectations through validation to implementation.
* Provide focus and coordination to resolving and communicating immediate business issues (i.e., recalls, product going on hold, or other significant unusual occurrences). Manages inventory discrepancies and claims for excess losses or supplier issues between Contract Manufacturer and Corporate functions to control costs and ensure quick resolution of outstanding issues.
* Benchmark key competitive set and food industry for new technology and productivity strategies.
* Accountable for engaging business partners and establishing a communication flow across all functional groups in the management of the capital strategy for both short and long term goals.
* Liaison with the Operations function for internal manufacturing to align with Company manufacturing strategy to maximize leverage between Contract Manufacturing, Marketing, R&D, Quality, Manufacturing, Procurement and Logistic departments.
* Work with the Procurement function to help develop manufacturing and capacity strategies that are consistent with the current and future marketing strategies.
* Bachelor's degree required
* Significant and diverse management experience (5+ years of plant operations, engineering, supply chain, distribution, and/or procurement experience out of food manufacturing).
* A team player; able to use strong communication, analytical and management skills to lead a diverse group forward.
* Strength in the following skill sets: Verbal, written, analytical, and problem-solving.
* Organization, planning, project management, group management, negotiation and contract manufacturing development.
* Must be results-focused.
* Flexible and customer/client service oriented.
* Superior problem solving skills and the ability to think outside the box".
* Desire to approach work as a continuous learning opportunity.
* Travel required; can be significant at times up to 50%.
* Overall operations/marketplace knowledge with experience in the relevant category with superior project management capabilities.
* Computer skills - Excel, Word, Power point, and Access.