Requisition Number 13-0164
Post Date 2/12/2013
Title Donor Floor Technician
Position Type Full-Time
If you are interested in an exciting career in the biopharmaceutical or medical field you've come to the right place. At Octapharma Plasma you can channel your passion for helping others into a medical career that is fast-paced and personally and professionally rewarding. Whether you are just beginning your career or you have experience in the medical field, we have many exciting opportunities for you to consider.
The Donor Floor Technician is responsible for preparing the donor area for the plasmapheresis process (i.e., donor and equipment).
Additional Responsibilities Include:
* Maintains compliance with SOP, current Good Manufacturing Procedures (cGMP) and regulatory guidelines
* Labels and ensures each unit and samples are labeled accurately
* Operates the automated plasmapheresis machines including response and evaluation of all alarms and machine errors, documentation of exceptions, etc.
* Monitors donors and maintains awareness to any reactions to ensure donor safety
* Monitors equipment operations to ensure quality of product
* Ensures donor confidentiality, meets customer service expectations, greets and acknowledges donors as they are assigned to donation area and after completing donation process
* High School Diploma or equivalent (GED)
* 3 months experience in clerical or customer service position preferred
* Must have strong customer service skills and the ability to understand and follow protocol
* Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety regulations, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals
* Ability to read numbers on screening equipment such as scales, thermometers, graphs, digital vital signs monitor and refractometers
* Must possess any licenses or certifications required by the state
* Must possess basic computer knowledge and skills
* CPR certification or the ability to obtain certification preferred
* Ability to work day and evening hours, weekends, holidays and extended shifts on a frequent basis
Octapharma Plasma offers competitive compensation and benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) and tuition reimbursement.