The Field Services Technician (FST) is responsible for providing project and technical support to customer plant trials, plant start-ups and the Technology Research Center. Creating and maintaining a strong plant data base is an essential task. This information will be used to troubleshoot problems and will also be used to improve future products and offerings. The FST will be involved in pre-startup activities, and will lead start-up and performance test activities as well as providing ongoing support at customer locations.
The FST will also participate in internal R&D projects and process/product improvement programs and will be a part of Edeniq’s R&D efforts. The FST will assist the Edeniq project managers by providing technical review of project deliverables. Other tasks assigned by the Director of Field Services.
• Assist in the preparation of Operations manuals including process system descriptions, review of operational & control descriptions;
• Gather and maintain plant operations information in order to establish a corporate data base that will be used to set up SPC programs, provide troubleshooting information, and continually improve Edeniq product performance;
• Establish project technical requirements, including preparing and maintaining design basis
• documents, document list, project distribution, technical evaluation protocol and formats, and project procedures;
• Responsible for implementation of the technical work according to project schedules and budgets.
• Prepare and maintain documentation that supports the information requirements of the Project
• Manager and executive management of the Company.
• Preparation of necessary technical and cost evaluations for project alternatives, including specific recommendations for approaches;
• Assist in developing equipment, plant, and engineering man-hour estimates for capital projects;
• Prepare and present training material;
• Participate in system start-up and commissioning;
• Provide technical support to operations. Troubleshoot operational problems;
• Participate in internal R&D projects;
• 50-75% travel;
• A B.S. degree is preferred but not required, in chemical engineering or related field from an accredited, 4 year college;
• Minimum 3 years work experience as a process or production engineer in ethanol, distillation,
• evaporation, and/or separation processes, or related field;
• Excellent speaking, writing and organizational skills;
• Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office suite or similar software;
• Ability to function as part of a multi-discipline project team;
Keyword: Field Service Technician, Customer service
From: Edeniq, Inc