Sr. Data Center Client-Server Engineer (Job Number:318877)
SAIC''s Defense and Maritime Solutions Business Unit is seeking a Sr. Data Center Client-Server Engineer to provide support for STRATCOM for their location at OFFUTT AFB in Omaha, Nebraska.
- Perform engineering analyses and prepare integration designs for an IT infrastructure in collaboration with the on-site Government team which includes internal networks, external communications and server-client-storage data center infrastructure suitable and feasible for installation in the USSTRATCOM new C2 Facility.
- Analyze IT infrastructure designs and components against their specifications and requirements and document conformances and variances between them. This process includes the establishment of integration procedures, the integration of solutions with other core system components, and the performance of integration testing of the various components of the system.
- Assist with performing and documenting results of functional analysis of assigned IT infrastructure requirements.
- Design, the contractor shall support the Government team with the design, development, and documentation of prototype hardware and software components and subsystems to provide required functional capabilities or improve the performance of information processing and data transport.
- Drafting and refining of assigned portions of the Systems Design Document, Final Systems Design Document, procurement and implementation program artifacts to include documents required for procurement, configuration management, certification and accreditation.
- Collaborate with the Government team to prepare test and evaluation plans, procedures, and analysis approaches for candidate IT infrastructure components as required in order to develop, verify and/or test assigned portions of the system design.
- Assist in the integration of newly developed or updated/upgraded network software and hardware components into baseline systems and networks, and evaluate the post-integration performance effects.
- Integration testing of new software and hardware components. These technical requirements are further detailed as follows:
- Identify prototype activities needed to reasonably evaluate, validate effectiveness and reduce risk in implementing and integrating candidate solutions identified in the course of IT infrastructure design.
- Perform security system engineering analysis for network designs, including the performance of, and necessary documentation for product certification and accreditation.
- Provide systems engineering and integration support for new information security technology and approaches, such as secure LANs, Smartcard technology, Network Encryption Systems (NES), Virtual Private Networks (PVNs), Public Key Infrastructure (PKI), biometric authentication and access implementations, secure operating systems, and secure databases.
Required Education and Experience:
- 7 years'' recent hands-on design engineering experience in data center client-server engineering with a focus on design, prototyping, implementation and upgrade of enterprise-wide, large-scale data center client-server infrastructure operating on complex distributed networks of multiple classifications and integrated with DoD C2 systems and associated information assurance processes/procedures:
- TS/SCI Clearance - work to be accomplished at Offutt AFB, NE
- DoD Information Assurance Workforce Improvement Program Information Assurance Training Level II (IAT-II) certified
- Experience with Desktop (client) hardware including thin client, zero client, virtual desktops, and remote desktop solutions; Microsoft Windows architectures; Redhat Linux architectures; Blade server architectures; software provisioning; server-client continuity of operations infrastructure; virtual server and client environments; and server-client environments
Desired Education and Experience:
- Specifically desired are skills and expertise in the design, prototyping, implementation and upgrade of enterprise.
Note: Wounded Warriors Encouraged To Apply
SAIC is a FORTUNE 500® scientific, engineering, and technology applications company that uses its deep domain knowledge to solve problems of vital importance to the nation and the world, in national security, energy & environment, health and cybersecurity. The company''s approximately 41,000 employees serve customers in the U.S. Department of Defense, the intelligence community, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, other U.S. Government civil agencies and selected commercial markets. Headquartered in McLean, Va., SAIC had annual revenues of approximately $10.6 billion for its fiscal year ended January 31, 2012. For more information, visit www.saic.com. SAIC: From Science to Solutions®
Job Posting:Dec 4, 2012, 8:47:42 AM
Primary Location:United States-NE-OFFUTT AFB
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess:Top Secret/SCI
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:None
Potential for Teleworking:No