Title: Area Maintenance Technician - Engineering - Altamonte
Location: US-FL-Altamonte Springs
Area Maintenance Technician - Engineering - Altamonte Springs
Florida Hospital Altamonte Springs seeks to hire an Area Maintenance Technician who will embrace our mission to extend the healing ministry of Christ.
Located north of Orlando in the community of Altamonte Springs, our facility is consistently named Best Hospital" for overall quality, reputation, doctors and nurses by local residents. As the largest satellite campus within the Florida Hospital system, Florida Hospital Altamonte has been providing state-of-the-art healthcare to the community since 1973. The recently expanded 341-bed hospital cares for more than 168,000 patients a year. We recently doubled in size with a new patient tower to better serve our patients, and are proud to be revolutionizing health care with visionary leadership and world-class resources.
As an Area Maintenance Technician with Florida Hospital Altamonte Springs Engineering department you will make providing service your priority while caring for the whole person in a faith-based atmosphere. Under supervision performs routine maintenance and minor emergency repairs on patient beds, nurse call systems, plumbing, electrical, HVAC systems, elevators, escalators, medical gasses, fire alarm systems, tube systems, telephones, paging system and the power plant systems. Maintenance Tech also performs minor building maintenance that may include, painting, wallpaper, sheet rock work, flooring repairs, cabinet repairs and assemble equipment and furniture.
Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility
in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all."
Knowledge, Skills, Education & Experience Required
General knowledge of one of the following maintenance areas:
Air conditioning, Plumbing, Electrical, fire alarm system, tube system, telephones, paging system and the power plant systems.
Knowledge of HVAC, Electrical, Plumbing within the Healthcare field. (preferred)
General Maintenance experience.
High School Diploma or GED (preferred)
Minimum 2 years Healthcare Maintenance Experience (preferred)
Licensure, Certification, or Registration Required
* Demonstrates Florida Hospital core values of Integrity, Compassion, Balance, Excellence, Stewardship, and Teamwork.
* Completes tasks without constant supervision.
* Completes work orders in a professional manner, following all acceptable Hospital standards.
* Completes all paperwork related to work orders in the appropriate estimated time frame
* Troubleshoot equipment problems, repair, and verify completed task(s)
* Maintains the work environment in a clean, neat, and safe condition.
* Follows all regulatory guidelines and safety procedures related to their tasks as assigned.
* Participates actively in team building exercises and/or programs within the department with a positive and willing attitude.
* Performs other duties as assigned, to include adjusting one's schedule of work if necessary for the continued safety or convenience of our guests and/or staff.
If you want to be a part of a team that is dedicated to delivering the highest quality in patient care, we invite you to explore the Area Maintenance Technician job opportunity with Florida Hospital Altamonte Springs and apply online today.