Billing Coordinator Sanford PT EmCare, Inc.« Back to Search Form
Location: FL - Sanford Job Type: Health Care
Base Pay: N/A Required Education: Not Specified
Bonus: Required Experience: Not Specified
Other: Required Travel: None
Employee Type: Full-Time Relocation Covered: Not Specified
Industry Healthcare - Health Services
Job ID: 16247
Job Contact Info
Company: EmCare, Inc. Phone:
Job Title: Billing Coordinator Location: Sanford, FL Req #: 16247 Reports To: Billing Supervisor Posting End Date: Department: Operations POSITION SUMMARY: Ensures the proper preparation and accountability of the Emergency Department charts for the Emergency Department physician billing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities -
* Obtains a copy of current Emergency Department log on a daily basis.
* Identifies and marks log /track sheets of hospital admittance, outpatient services, direct admits. Submits billing information, counts records to ensure reconciliation with the Emergency Dept. log, and submit trauma patient billing.
* Answer phone calls and handle inquiries.
* Collects previous day's patient charts, sorting in date and time order.
* Reconciles missing or suspended list with required lag time.
* Collects critical care charges of procedures, such as procedures performed in ICU/hospital and obtains/pulls charts, demographic, and insurance information.
* Maintains copy of billing information.
* Other duties as assigned.
**CB DO NOT REMOVE**