Post Date 2/14/2013
Requisition Number 13-0097
Title Service Technician
FLSA Type Non-Exempt
Location Name Colonial Grand at Heather Glen
Colonial Properties Trustprovides an exciting environment for candidates successful in sales, marketing, and service. If you desire a professional career in a fast-paced setting with a variety of activities and responsibilities, we would like to hear from you. Our growth strategy provides tremendous opportunities for talented individuals seeking a career in the multi-family industry.
TheService Technicianis responsible for performing maintenance and other tasks to ensure the highest quality of service to the community and our customers. Technicians will also ensure the community meets all safety standards, site appearance standards, and that all apartment homes, equipment and amenities, are properly maintained. Service technicians are accountable for the completion and documentation of routine and emergency service requests and make readies. Successful service technicians demonstrate the highest level of integrity and professional interaction with residents and fellow team members.
· High School diploma or GED required
· Associate degree or trade school preferred
· A minimum of one year experience as a Service Technician and/or comparable combined education/experience in property management or related industry
· HVAC and/or EPA license preferred
· Applicable pool operator license preferred
· Knowledge of appliance repair, electrical systems, plumbing repair, HVAC repair, painting, and carpentry skills
· Strong communication, customer service, and technical skills
· Computer proficiency preferred
· Valid Drivers' License and transportation required
Colonial Properties Trustoffers a competitive benefits package for all eligible employees. For more information, visit:Colonial Properties Trust Benefits.