- Requires 5 years of relevant experience with travel demand modeling including activity-based modeling and matrix estimation
- Master's or PhD degree in related discipline can substitute for 2 years of experience
- Requires thorough knowledge of the principles, practices and objectives of transportation planning applications, specifically the 4-Step process of travel demand modeling
- Software knowledge including the ability to edit and create scripts for applications required in the Citilabs Cube software products (Voyager & Avenue) more specifically FSUTMS and ArcGIS
- Knowledge of Synchro, CORSIM, and Highway Capacity Manual/Software
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, SQL and VBA programming language
- Utilization of advanced techniques with modification and extension of theories, precepts, and practices of sciences and related disciplines
- Ability to solve complex issues with limited direction
- Excellent technical writing skills and verbal communication abilities
Job Description: URS seeks a Transportation Planner and Modeler to work on a team supporting our contract with Florida's Turnpike Enterprise.
This position will be responsible for the development and application of urban and regional travel demand models including fulfillment of scripting requests for innovative toll project evaluations. The role contributes to a multidisciplinary team specializing in the planning, economic feasibility analysis and the design of toll roads.
The Transportation Planner will utilize skills and experience to create and update software code for travel demand model development including but not limited to: Cube Voyager, Cube Avenue and Tranplan software. The position will frequently draw on extensive knowledge in spreadsheet development and application including macros with VBA programming script.
The Transportation Planner will work to assemble and prepare data for model validation and long-range future-year travel forecasts; model validation to required accuracy standards; development of forecasts for toll road projects; and documentation of results. As part of the model design the position will use ArcGIS with related database development and appliance skills, along with SQL. The Planner will also utilize investigational skills for research on the design, data development, and statistical analyses to address perceived model shortcomings and recommend an improved modeling approach.