Tech I - ER
Job Category: Hospital - Professional, Nursing/Patient Care/Homemakers
Location: MO-Branson HOSPITAL
Department: 6780 EMERGENCY ROOM
Availability: Full time 36
Shifts Needed: Days
SUMMARY: Cares for patients in hospital (Emergency Department), under direction of nursing and medical staff, by performing the following duties.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Provide exceptional service and/or care to all patients, customers and team members.
· Answers signal lights, bells, or intercom system to determine patients' needs.
· Dresses, and undresses patients.
· Transports patients or assists patients to walk.
· Drapes patients for examinations and treatments, and remains with patients to perform such duties as holding instruments and adjusting lights.
· Takes and records temperature, blood pressure, pulse and respiration rates, and food and fluid intake and output, as directed.
· Perform other duties as required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
· High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or
· One to three months related experience and/or training; or
· Equivalent combination of education and experience.
License(s), Certification(s), Registration(s), Accreditation(s)
· EMT Preferred
· CPR Required within 90 days
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Ability to communicate effectively.
· Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
· Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
· Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, employees, customers, and the general public.
· Knowledge of Microsoft Office software products, primarily Excel, Word, and Power-point.
· Skill in operation of tools, equipment, and materials listed below.
· Prompt and regular attendance according to policy
· Comply with dress code and appearance standards.
· Interact with patients, customers, the general public, management, and team members in a professional, courteous, and tactful manner.
· Work with integrity, uphold Skaggs’ mission, values, and maintain confidentiality in all situations.
· Follow safety & security policies & procedures, immediately report suspicious activities and unsafe conditions. Use equipment, tools & materials properly.
· Participate in all mandatory job training and meetings as directed which may include overnight travel and extended stays as applicable.
· Adhere to requirements, policies and procedures outlined in the Employee Handbook and/or other Hospital/Clinic practices.
· General office equipment
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and/or move 30 pounds, frequently lift and/or move 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds.
· Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
· The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.