Title: Manager/Director Analytic Applications
Work with Nielsen Advanced Solutions Group analytic modelers to commercialize analytical methods that prove to be successful with our FMCG (fast moving consumer goods) customers.. Deliver results from these cutting edge analytical methods to internal Nielsen customers as well as to external Nielsen customers.
* New Analytic Application Development
Ø Understand requirements of new analytic methods
Ø Evaluate prototype implementations and determine best implementation for production system
Ø Create robust analytic applications and processes that can support internal and/or external users.
Ø Ensure scalability of final application/process
* Project Delivery
Ø Manages project workload, prioritizing the work of self and others.
Ø Responsible for timely and accurate delivery
Ø Communicates and collaborates with the Advanced Solutions team
* Functional Knowledge - Required
Ø Strong background in multivariate statistical methods, data mining, econometrics and time-series analysis
Ø Strong quantitative problem solving skills.
Ø 5 years programming in C/C , Java, SQL
Ø Knowledge of web services, RMI or other distributed programming paradigms.
Ø Database experience (other than SQL) with one of the following: Netezza, Oracle, MySQL or SQLite
Ø Extensive experience with NAG, IMSL or other C numerical libraries.
Ø Strong communication and presentation skills
Ø Good team work skills.
* Functional Knowledge - Nice to have
Ø SAS, R, Matlab or other quantitative packages.
Ø Web Services
Ø Excel VBA
· Innovation and Change
· Analytical Problem Solving
* Minimum 5 years of experience
* Minimum of a Masters degree in a quantitatively intensive field such as: Physical Sciences, Engineering, Economics or Statistics
* Excellent Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills
* Demonstrable quantitative skills, interpersonal skills
* Effective technical documentation skills
* High attention to details and organization
· Relevant FMCG industry experience