PCR Regional Technical Manager (RTM)
Job ID 104068
UNITED STATES - FLEXIBLE WORK LOCATION
Job Category Sales and Marketing
Associates / Certificate / Diploma
5 - 10
5+ years of pre sales or technical sales experience
Department Description The Advanced Solutions Systems Engineering Team provides critical pre-sales engineering in support of Motorola Solutions Integrated Command and Control (ICC) product suite. This team is a highly motivated group who provides subject matter expertise to assist the local sales, engineering and project management teams to capture a continually increasing market share of growth portfolio products.
Scope of Responsibilities/Expectations
- Provide pre and post-sales technical support to authorized channel partners in North America for Motorola's Professional Commercial Radio (PCR) suite of products. The PCR portfolio includes: Motorola complete TRBO product line including: Site equipment, Consoles, mobile and portable. Support for 3rd party applications.
- Responsible for supporting a sales team of System Solutions Team (SST) to achieve a sales quota for the PCR product portfolio.
- Answer pre-sales technical questions from channel partners to include:
- System design
- RF Coverage profiles
- Product capabilities and competitive comparisons
- Assist partners with RFP/RFI responses
- Perform technical training for the PCR products, primarily to partners, but also for strategic end customers
- Provide both on-site and phone support for tier-4 issue resolutions
- Perform site survey activities.
- Assist in the resolution of project pre-acceptance technical issues
- Engage other Motorola organizations such as service, CCSI, Product Management and WLS on behalf of the channel partner
- Investigate new products and technologies and determine suitability for use in the alternate channel
- Provide customer feedback to the business team using input from channel partners on the PCR products
- Provide feedback on product training and documentation
- Support the channel partners with PCR product beta testing with first office applications
- Location: Flexible work location, support will be focused in Eastern US
- 5+ years of pre sales or technical sales experience
- Excellent communications skills
- Ability to explain complex concepts to non-technical people
- Good presentation skills, desire to speak in front of an audience
- Excellent interpersonal skills are essential, as the job requires direct contact with Motorola customers, business and channel partners.
- Computer experience is a must, specifically Microsoft Office applications.
- Must have a working knowledge of Radio Frequency (RF), Radio systems and Internet Protocol (IP) concepts.
- Experience with Canopy and Mesh equipment is a plus.
- High energy, outgoing personality -- willingness to speak up and share opinions and ideas.
- Desire to work independently to find solutions to amorphous projects without direct supervision.
- Ability to prioritize, and independently manage time while dealing with multiple simultaneous tasks with separate deadlines.
- Take ownership of projects to drive multiple people to meet project deadlines.
- Learning agility, capability to quickly grasp high level technical concepts.