Warehouse Associate I - Mattoon IL - Power Solutions
Requisition # 74120
IL008 IL Mattoon 1100 Old State Rd E
Line of Business
Minimum Travel Percentage
* Knowledge of machines and tools.
* Forklift experience.
* CDL Class A experience preferred.
* Job Summary
Responsible for specialized warehouse tasks in loading, unloading, order pulling, shipping, returns, forklift, fabrication, counter, or may have a generalized role working in all departments.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
* Complete tasks such as loading, unloading, sorting, picking, stocking, staging, fabrication and transportation of goods.
* Load and unload materials to and from designated storage area, such as racks, shelves, or vehicles. Stack or pile materials, such as lumber, boards, or pallets
* Install protective devices, such as bracing, padding, or strapping, to prevent shifting or damage to items being transported.
* Verify computations against physical count of stock.
* Maintains condition of work area (i.e. free of trash, product in correct location, etc.). Follows company safety policies and procedures and encourages other associates to do the same.
* Receive and fill orders or sell supplies, materials, and products to installers and subcontractors.
* May drive truck to pick up incoming stock or deliver materials to designated locations or operate forklift or other machinery in order to complete tasks.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
Nature and Scope
* Selects correct processes from clearly prescribed rules, past practices or instruction. Seeks advice and guidance on non routine or problem areas from supervisor. Deviations from the norm are cleared by the supervisor.
* Under close supervision, exercises limited latitude/independent judgment. Work typically involves detailed checks or close review of output by a senior co-worker and/or supervisor.
* Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs in a physical environment. Ability to stand for periods of time up to and exceeding 60 minutes. Ability to make repetitive movements including, but not limited to, using a 10-key or calculator, bending or squatting.
* Typically in a comfortable environment but with regular exposure to factors such as temperature extremes, moving machinery, loud noise, and fumes, which may cause noticeable discomfort or a moderate risk of accident or illness.
* Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
* Must be eighteen years of age
* Must pass the Drug Test
* Must pass the Background Check
* Must pass pre-employment tests if applicable
Education and Experience
* HS Diploma or GED required. 0-2 years of experience in area of responsibility.
HD Supply is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to promoting a diverse workplace.