Associates Degree or Bachelors Degree
Minimum of 5 years management experience in HIM preferred
1. Manage multiple priorities and projects
2. Possess ability to train and educate
3. Recognize differences in learning and social styles and provide processes to meet those needs
4. Possess knowledge transfer skills
5. Communicate well in writing, verbally, and on an interpersonal level
6. Conduct group presentations
7. Write reports effectively
8. Identify data-related issues
9. Replicate or confirm data-related issues
10. Ability to identify the source of data-related issues
11. Ability to determine extent of data-related issues
12. Ability to clearly notify sources of the issues to correct
13. Ability to perform follow-up
a. Coordinate correction process with source
b. Reassess issue as needed
c. Provide progress reports to interested parties
14. Ability to communicate issues and corrections to all interested parties
All CHOP employees who work in a patient building or who provide patient care are required to receive an annual influenza vaccine unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
Job Description: The Primary functions of this position are to ensure that all data which is created, collected and distributed by the HIM department is accurate, timely and meaningful to the organization. Furthermore, a critical function of this position is to ensure that data which is submitted to various parties external to the organization is accurate and reflects actual CHOP patient care, quality and utilization. Oversees the coding (severity of illness included), data abstracting and master patient index integrity. Manages the process for release of patient information and health records to internal and external customers. The manager is responsible for ensuring that regular and consistent audits are performed to ensure that the organization is in compliance with all regulations and industry standards related to release of patient information and for hosting regular education sessions regarding the compilation, access and use of patient information. Responsible for adequate staffing and ensuring that the operations of the CSH File Room are accurate, timely and efficient. Additionally, it is the manager's responsibility to ensure that the file area staff maintains confidentiality and limits access to unauthorized individuals.
The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability or veteran status.