Flex Customer Service Rep Regular posted 01/30/2013
Provides high quality customer service by meeting the needs of customers in an efficient and friendly manner. Identifies sales and cross-selling opportunities. Performs routine office and clerical duties. Maintains operational quality and standards. Acts as the customers'' first "point-of-contact" with the Bank.
- Ensures positive public perceptions of the Bank by extending a courteous greeting and welcome to customers and visitors. Provides accurate and timely customer service.
- Supports the Bank's sales objectives and campaigns by cross-selling basic products, or by referring customers to other Bank employees responsible for closing sales.
- Adheres to Bank's security and audit procedures.
- Protects the Bank''s financial interests by controlling and balancing the assigned cash drawer and negotiable items received/disbursed. Maintains acceptable balancing record per established standards.
- Processes customer transactions efficiently and accurately. Follow policies/procedures to minimize losses.
- Answers telephone inquiries. Directs questions to appropriate Branch personnel. Responds to customer mail inquiries. Researches/resolves customer problems.
- Performs routine office and clerical duties (i.e., filing signature cards; preparing bank bag for pickup; night deposit, ATM custodian, etc.).
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Education or Equivalent Experience
- High School or equivalent combination of training and experience
- teller or cash handling experience
Field of Experience
- Working knowledge of bank products and services
- Customer service skills
- Answers telephone and screens calls
- Balance figures
- Filing and typing documents
- Operate a ten-key adding machine
- Perform math and analysis
- Research information
- Use fax machine
- Detail orientation
- Computer terminal
- Sedentary Work: lifting a maximum of 10 pounds, frequent standing/walking
Flex Tellers can work up to 19 hours per week, depending on the business needs of the branch.