Title: FT Sr. Technician (1am - 9am)- Charlotte, NC
Location: United States-North Carolina
Other Locations: United States-NC-Charlotte
Provides technical support to production equipment in an Operating Center under the direction of the Technician Supervisor
· Responsible for mechanical and electronic repairs of all equipment.
· Completes preventative maintenance according to MPTQM and vendor operating standards.
· Responds to equipment break down or emergency situations with urgency and expediency.
· Consistently utilizes a system to maintain the spare parts/supply inventory.
· Evaluates and assesses equipment problems by troubleshooting and completing repairs in a timely manner.
· Communicates and/or escalates serious equipment issues to the Senior Technician or Technician Supervisor
· Attends appropriate technical training classes
· Studies, reviews and utilizes vendor technical manuals, publications or updates, as needed, to remain familiar with all changes or modifications to equipment.
· Assists other PB Presort Services locations with moving and/or installing of equipment as needed.
· Responds to a pager/cell phone during on-call periods or during emergency situations.
· Regular attendance
· Performs all other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
· Excellent problem solving skills, including the ability to troubleshoot equipment problems, establish priorities, and work under deadline pressures.
· Ability to communicate clearly, explain equipment maintenance or repair needs to management technicians and other employees.
· Must work well with others in a team environment
· Must be able to take instruction or direction
· The ability to read and follow schematics
· The ability to work a flexible schedule and overtime as required
· Ability to use basic electrical/electronic testing equipment
· Successful completion of Electronics course work usually provided in a program at a trade school or community college. AA degree in Electronics, Computer Science or related field of study is preferred.
· Familiarity with Windows PC environment as it pertains to the operation of automated equipment.
· Minimum of one year of experience in maintaining, repairing, or installing mailing or comparable equipment.