Playground Sales Development Representative
WELCOME TO OUR CURRENT CAREER OPPORTUNITIES PAGE!
OurPlayground Sales Development Representativewill create and build client relationships managing a specific telesales territory from our Lewisville, NC corporate office while concurrently supporting sales, business retention and business development initiatives in the assigned territory. This position serves as an integral partner with Kaplan's field sales team in supporting and managing playground business development to include customer visits, presentations, conference attendance, and preparation of quotes.
Travel within the assigned territory is required and will include overnight travel. While business demands will dictate the travel requirements, we anticipate overnight travel to be, at a minimum, 50% of the position expectations. Position Responsibilities Include:
* Maximize profitable sales and attain pre-determined sales goals by maintaining an effective strategic sales program an exhibiting sales leadership within assigned territory.
* Prepare a territory specific business plan that generates revenue opportunities through effective telesales efforts by initiating contact with existing and prospective accounts (cold calling) and partnering with Kaplan's field sales team within assigned territory.
* Maintain up-to-date knowledge of our systems/products and develop a thorough understanding of industry terms and trends. Research and monitor potential funding from agencies, government, etc. to capitalize on business growth.
* Prepare sales contracts, quotes/pricing and credit terms in a manner to create favorable and profitable sales opportunities. Conduct follow-up calls with customers following quote submission. Manage account expenditures within company guidelines, i.e., customer discounts, freight allowances, travel and entertainment.
* Frequently travel throughout assigned territory to contact existing and prospective customers and conduct product presentations/workshops. Serve as key representative at national and regional tradeshows and conferences to market Kaplan playground products and services, may require weekend participation. Travel requirements are dictated by business demands.
* Prepare standard reporting as required by the Manager, i.e., marketing plans, travel expenses, etc. to include evening sales telephone conference as needed.Position Requirements Include:
* Degree preferred or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Minimum 2 years sales experience, including excellent sales closing skills. Playground experience is a plus. Early Childhood education experience is also a plus.
* Excellent verbal and written communication, negotiation, follow-up, planning and project management skills.
* Self-starter exhibiting high initiative and a sense of urgency in completing work assignments.
* Effectively work independently without supervision.
* Team player with ability to establish and maintain good working relationships and effectively interface with other Kaplan departments.
* Customer oriented with ability to deal effectively with individuals at all business levels and a variety of situations requiring tact, judgment and professionalism.
* Good computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
* Compose professional correspondence and reports; experience developing a business plan a plus.
* Facilitate communications and resolve problems, analyze data and provide insightful information.
* Strong analytical and quantitative abilities.
* Flexible with ability to travel frequently, including weekends; position requires a valid driver's license and good driving record. Minimum overnight travel - 50% of position.
* Lift up to 75 lbs. when transporting catalogs and product samples.
Include your salary range expectation and Job Code PSDR-900 in your cover letter.Kaplan Early Learning Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We embrace differences, welcome diversity and value a culture of respect.