Community Support Associate, Bath - FT
Location (State-County): PA - Lehigh County
Agency/Service: Keystone Human Services - Intellectual Disabilities
Compensation: $9.50 - $
Job Requisition #: khs-00001961
The Community Support Associate works in a residential setting.
This full-time position exists to teach, coach, model, and accompany individuals so that they are involved in family, neighborhood, civic, cultural and religious activities and events, meet new people, develop friendships, exercise choices, and acquire the competencies to maintain these activities and accomplish personal goals. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, developing and implementing teaching strategies; documentation, to include data collection and report writing; community outreach and networking; household management; providing transportation; assisting in personal care; coordinating activities and services; establishing effective relationships with all persons affiliated with the house; and using public transportation.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Have a HS Diploma or GED.
- Must have experience working with individuals with Autism and/or challenging behaviors
- Possess a valid PA driver''s license and be able to drive.
- Have access to a privately maintained vehicle; and operate an agency vehicle when required.
- Be physically able to lift and participate in physical activities of daily living.
- Demonstrate ability to communicate both verbally and in writing
- Able to read, interpret, and apply written information such as policies, procedures, person centered plans, training and staff development readings.
- Understand, develop and implement learning objectives.
- Possess basic household management skills.
- Must be available Monday through Friday from 8am to 5:30pm to attend 4 weeks of orientation
Keystone Human Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you meet the qualifications for this position and would like to apply, please click one of the Apply buttons below.