Title: Registered Nurse - Emergency Department - Full Time - 3pm - 3am
Location: PA-Reading-St Joseph Med Ctr- Bern Campus
This job is responsible for directing and coordinating members of the care team, focusing on the provision of individualized quality patient care consistent with organizational standards. Develops the patient plan of care in partnership with physicians, interdisciplinary teams, and patient/family. This position is responsible for providing care for the emergency patients presenting with a wide variety of medical conditions across all populations.
* Manages and coordinates the care of patients in a defined care delivery model, utilizing the nursing process, which includes assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation.
* Supervises and/or provides all nursing care provided to an assigned patient population. Any delegated care is based on the abilities and limitations of care personnel and patient acuity. Continually monitors the performance of the team members reporting to the RN and adjusts the delivery of care or clinical technique appropriate to the patient.
* Collaborates and communicates effectively with the interdisciplinary team.
* Accountable for patient/family education in collaboration with interdisciplinary care team and patient/family.
* Documents nursing care and patient status in accordance with the nursing process and standards of care.
* Provides a safe environment and promotes quality patient care through adherence to established standards.
* Identifies opportunities for and participates in performance improvement activities.
* Demonstrates competent professional practice, and engages in opportunities for professional growth.
* Contributes to the productivity and professional environment of the department.
* Performs related duties as required.
* Assess and manage patients with varying acuity and conditions, from minor/non-urgent to critical/emergent.
* Provide stabilization and emergency care for patients to include special procedures
* Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
New graduate or RNs without E.D. or Critical Care experienceANDsuccessful completion of the E.D. residency program.
One-year experience within the last three (3) years in an acute care setting preferred.
Previous E.D. experience current within the last 2 years preferred.
Critical care experience, current within the last 2 years preferred.
Current State Licensure as a Registered Nurse required.
* BLS required.
Must maintain current Basic Life Support (BLS) - CPR and Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS).
Completion of a NRP (Neonatal Resuscitation Provider) class is required at sites that do not provide labor and delivery services.
Trauma Nurse Core Curriculum (TNCC) certification preferred.
Emergency Nurse Pediatric Certification (ENPC) certification preferred.
Pediatric Life Support (PALS) certification preferred.
Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) certification preferred.
* Demonstrates a commitment to service, organization values and professionalism through appropriate conduct and demeanor at all times.
* Adheres to and exhibits our core values:
Reverence:Having a profound spirit of awe and respect for all creation, shaping relationships to self, to one another and to God and acknowledging that we hold in trust all that has been given to us.
Integrity:Moral wholeness, soundness, uprightness, honesty and sincerity as a basis of trustworthiness.
Compassion:Feeling with others, being one with others in their sorrows and joys, rooted in the sense of solidarity as members of the human community.
Excellence:Outstanding achievement, merit, virtue; continually surpassing standards to achieve/maintain quality.
* Maintains confidentiality and protects sensitive data at all times.
* Adheres to organizational and department specific safety standards and guidelines.
* Works collaboratively and supports efforts of team members.
* Demonstrates exceptional customer service and interacts effectively with physicians, patients, residents, visitors, staff and the broader health care community.
Catholic Health Initiatives and its organizations are Equal Opportunity Employers
Job: Emergency Services
Status: Full Time