Research and assist in the design, development and implementation of Physician Compensation and AHP (Allied Health Provider) plan(s) and administers all compensation plan(s) within PHMG. Perform various analyses and report on them for the Clinical Operations assessment of physician and AHP compensation. Provide expertise for physician compensation to ensure compliance with government regulations. Provide extensive support in the reporting for physician and AHP compensation, RVU''s and FTE''s. Works closely with other PeaceHealth staff in compensation and benefits, payroll, accounting, HID systems and business services staff.
1. Design and develop models for the calculation and distribution of physician and AHP compensation by specialty. Analyze the financial impact of various models to the organization, and communicate recommendations to the appropriate management, physician, or committee. Communicate and implement approved changes to the compensation plan. Maintain the Provider Data Repository and audit all data as needed.
2. Develop the budgeting tools necessary to participate in the overall budgeting of the physician and AHP compensation plan(s) which will enable the collection of provider productivity data from operations. Calculate a budgeted physician compensation pool based on productivity data as needed.
3. Provide detailed and timely information regarding physician compensation forecasting to PHMG Executive and Administration staff, and the Physician Compensation Committee on the PHMG Board of Directors. Prepare compensation scenarios based on production budgets developed by the Clinical Operations group. Answer audit questions as needed to PHMG stakeholders.
4. Provide data analysis for individual physician and AHP issues in order to address specific compensation issues and concerns. When necessary, meet with the individual provider, clinical manager, Section Chair, or PHMG administrative or executive staff to review analysis.
5. Participate in Physician Compensation and Production survey as needed. Provide the necessary data to external compensation consulting organization for the purpose of developing comparative data used in the determination of physician and AHP compensation plans. Review market data reports and compile market blended analysis for the determination of fair market based compensation and productivity.
EDUCATION: Bachelor''s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, statistics, Human Resources, or related field; or equivalent knowledge and skills obtained through a combination of education, training and experience.
EXPERIENCE/TRAINING: Five years experience in Finance, HR-Compensation, or Physician Compensation required. Minimum of two years experience in healthcare required.
Working knowledge of CMS Relative Value Units (RVUs).
Knowledge of physician compensation and physician contracts.
LICENSE/CERTIFICATION: Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) preferred.
OTHER SKILLS: '' Advanced level of technical expertise in Excel and database programs such as MS Access required.
Proficient expertise in Word and PowerPoint. Experience in major HRIS software preferred.
Possess thorough knowledge of business and management principles.
Demonstrated ability to consistently achieve a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
High level of interpersonal skills working in sensitive, personal and confidential situations.
Strong analytical and organizational skills and a proven ability to effectively plan, meet deadlines and work with detail.
Ability to implement major system/policy improvements and consequent new work flow, procedural systems and processes.
Ability to investigate and recommend major problem resolution.