At PeaceHealth, we carry on the healing mission of Jesus Christ by promoting personal and community health, relieving pain and suffering, and treating each person in a loving and caring way. The fulfillment of this Mission is our shared purpose. It drives all that we are and all that we do. To those who embrace the spirit of these words and our commitment to Exceptional Medicine and Compassionate Care, we offer the opportunity to learn and grow as a member of the PeaceHealth family.
This position is responsible for managing Trauma Registry activities and facilitating continuous quality assessment and improvement in the delivery of trauma care by data collection, data management, data analysis, and reporting of trauma program activities and results.
* Collect patient data identified in the Trauma Registry and generate monthly, quarterly and semi-annual reports to state, regulatory and other trauma agencies for the purpose of planning, management, and quality assurance.
* Maintain Trauma Committee records, minutes, agenda and other appropriate documentation. Maintain Trauma Program policies, procedures and forms.
* Participate in the preparation and maintenance of hospital Trauma Center designation.
* Supports concurrent review and data entry as well as ensures data submission to the State in the required timeframe.
* Coordinate Injury Prevent database.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
B>To learn more about PeaceHealth, please visit us onFacebookorLinkedIn!
* High School diploma or equivalent required. Medical terminology required
* Minimum of three years'' experience in healthcare (trauma) industry which includes a detailed knowledge of medical terminology, medical records and formal training in ICD-9 coding. Knowledge and experience with computers and database programs. AIS coding and trauma registrar certification.
* Certified Trauma Registrar
* AIS coding
* Proficient computer/keyboarding skills, including MS Office applications.
* Excellent customer service, communication and public relations skills.
* Strong organizational skills.