Title: Occupational Therapist, Lymphedema - Home Health
Providence is calling a Lymphedema Occupational Therapist to Providence Sound Homecare and Hospice in Olympia, WA.
We are seeking an experienced Lymphedema Occupational Therapist (OT) to join our team of caregivers who provide in home treatment that promote health, prevent injury or disability and achieve the highest possible level of independence.
In this position you will:
* Provide initial patient evaluation in accordance to physician request in order to initiate appropriate treatment, which is reasonable in the terms of accepted practice and necessary to recovery of function.
* Establish treatment goals and plan of care as well as provide treatment to restore function, relieve pain, and prevent disability.
* Provide education to patients and their families.
* Need to have proficient use of software systems for the maintenance of patient records and communication with team members.
* Use critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and your ability to make independent decisions.
Required qualifications for this position include:
* Bachelor's Degree and a Graduate of an accredited school of Occupational Therapy
* Current Occupational Therapy (OT) licensure in Washington State
* Current CPR certification
* Valid driver license and insured, reliable vehicle
* One year Lymphedema experience in a therapist capacity in a hospital, skilled nursing facility or other related medical field
About the ministry you will serve.
Providence SoundHomeCare and Hospice, in Olympia, Washington, is a home health and hospice ministry serving patients in their places of residence throughout Mason, Lewis and Thurston counties in Washington state. Our team brings the Providence tradition of excellence into the home setting, and work together with physicians, patients, family members and insurance providers to meet each patient's unique needs. Providence SoundHomeCare and Hospice is a non-profit, state licensed and Medicare certified agency.
Job: Occupational Therapy