Title: Senior Materials Manager
Location: North America-United States-wa-Everett
Job Number: FLU001466The Production Control Manager is responsible for the management of all aspects of the supply chain function including factory material planning, production systems/control, scheduling and receiving
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Ensures that proper metrics are established for areas of control, communicates expectations and drives areas to successfully meet and exceed goals.
* Trains and assists Buyer/Planners, Schedulers, Production Control and Receiving personnel to ensure that proper procedures are followed.
* Direct the development of production and supply chain software solutions to drive efficiencies throughout the operations organization.
* Drives continuous improvement through areas of responsibility.
* Works closely with marketing to link forecasts to purchasing and inventory management.
* Identifies and implements strategies for cost reduction and containment.
* Responsible for establishment of standardized work
* Establishes action plans resulting from on time scheduling issues and drives timely and effective completion of those plans.
* Manage college recruiting supply chain program and mentor associates
* Effectively manages inventory turns objectivesOther duties and responsibilities as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Must have lean experience and understand how to properly implement lean solutions throughout a supply chain and through the development of information systems
* Must understand demand driven planning methods such as Kanban and Min./Max.
* Must be able to develop reports, formulate and implement corrective action with minimal supervision
* Experience with low volume/high mix production purchasing and scheduling
* Must have experience in using an MRP system in both procurement and scheduling
* Proven ability in strategic planning
* Proven success in leading production materials planning
* Strong attention to detail and highly organized
* Proven ability to extract appropriate data, understands the data, and conveys the data to all levels of the organization
* Proven strong leader and mentor
* Ability to make appropriate decisions in a fast paced environment
* Must have a successful background in leading continuous improvement
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's Degree and 5 years leadership experience in a manufacturing environment
This job requires the ability to handle numerous projects simultaneously
Track record of successfully delivering results in material management
Effective communication skills with material team as well as with senior leadership
* Ability to make effective decisions based on facts and intuition
Job: Manufacturing / Operations