Lift Operator - FT - Mountain Operations - Kirkwood - California (13011)
ID 13011 - Posted 10/01/2012 - Operations - Seasonal - United States - California - Kirkwood - Kirkwood Ski Resort - Mountain Resorts
Job Description Print Preview
ApplySave JobEmail Job to FriendReturn to List
Kirkwood Mountain Resort is located atop the Sierra Crest with a geographical advantage that accounts for the lightest and driest snow in the Lake Tahoe region. With an annual snowfall of over 600 inches, it is easy to see why Kirkwood has become synonymous with deep powder skiing and riding. With over 2,300 acres of legendary terrain and an intimate mountain village setting, Kirkwood Mountain Resort provides destination guests a perfect backdrop for an energizing getaway.
Have you ever wondered what it is like to ski or ride in fresh powder on your lunch break? Do you like meeting new people from all over the world? How about sunshine? Would you like to live, work and play in a state that averages over 300 days of sunshine per year?
Well if you answered yes to any of these questions, then welcome to Kirkwood, the Sierra Nevada's premier winter playground! Jaw-dropping views, combined with enthusiastic and dependable employees, make Kirkwood one of the greatest places to work in the world.
* Welcomes and greets guests as they enter line queues and assists guests as needed.
* Assist with shoveling and raking of snow and ice on a regular basis to maintain loading ramps.
* Identify and group appropriate number of guests to load chair in an efficient and effective manner.
* Establish crowd control while organizing chair load or line ques.
* May assist with creating the maze and safe-loading areas using appropriate tools.
* Capable of resolving guest conflict using resort policies and procedures.
* Completes daily lift logs, incident reports, and opening and closing procedures on appropriate reports.
* Continually remains vigilant to the needs of both the equipment and the guests and react to those needs in the safest manner while maintaining quality service.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and outside weather, including extreme conditions.
* High School Diploma or GED.
* Ability and willingness to work outside, for a majority of the day, in extreme and varying weather conditions.
* Ability to maintain attention to detail while ensuring the safety of our guests and coworkers.
* Ability to maintain an extremely high level of guest service.
* Ability to lift/carry 50 lbs.
* Ability to stand up to 6 hours a day.
* Ability to speak, read, write and communicate clearly in English.
Experience of a Lifetime.More than just our mission, these words describe our unique and iconic resorts and the people who share a desire to achieve and experience excellence. One of our core values is providing an exceptional experience to our guests and to our employees. An opportunity to work at Vail Resorts is an opportunity to bring out your full passion for everything our company stands for, including our commitment to our product, the communities we live in, the environment and our shareholders. Our employees are good at what they do, and we welcome people who bring enthusiasm and pride to work.
Vail Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer