Title: Manager, Sensor Development (SenDx)
Location: North America-United States-CA-Carlsbad
SenDx Medical, Inc., an innovator in the medical electronics industry develops, manufactures and markets proprietary point-of-care blood analysis systems that provide measurement of critical diagnostic parameters for the health care market. SenDx Medical, Inc. is a fully owned subsidiary of Radiometer.
Radiometer is a leading provider of technologically advanced acute care solutions that simplify and automate all phases of acute care testing. Radiometer offers solutions forblood gas analysis, transcutaneous monitoringand immunoassay testing.
Radiometer is a part of theUS-based Danaher Corporation's Life Sciences and Diagnostics business segment. Danaher is a Fortune 200, NYSE-listed, science and technology leader that designs, manufactures, and markets innovative products and services to professional, medical, industrial, and commercial customers. The company's portfolio of premier brands is among the most highly recognized in each of the markets served. Danaher employs 59,000 associates around the world in more than 125 countries. Danaher's Life Sciences and Diagnostics segment generates over $6B in global revenue, and represents a significant share of the company's portfolio.
SenDx Medical, Inc. is currently seeking an experienced Manager of Sensor Development to manage the design and development of biomedical sensors for medical applications.
Primary responsibilities include:
* Direct, coordinate and evaluate research and development work to produce new and/or improved biosensor products.
* Responsible for developing new biomedical sensor designs and processes.
* Assemble and manage project development budgets and schedules.
Provide expert analysis, testing and evaluation of sensor/system designs, sensor manufacturing processes and techniques, and patentable concepts.
Manage the integration of sensor and sensor designs into analyzer hardware.
Identify relevant resources required based on project needs.
Coordinate and review work from various disciplines to achieve project goals within scheduled timeframe and budget.
Provide expert consultation in a timely and efficient manner to solve technical problems related to sensor design and development.
Communicate with Vice President, Product Development on a timely basis to react to any possible patentable concepts to help achieve leadership in the biomedical sensors market.
Determine priorities and objectives in conjunction with Vice President, Product Development.
Plan and supervise the activities of sensor development personnel.
Evaluate work performance of subordinates and exercise judgment concerning acceptability of work.
Train and motivate project support personnel in the day to day research and development activities.
Perform supervisory activities including recruitment, coaching, counseling, and conducting performance reviews of department personnel.
Responsible for recommending and applying DBS and lean tools. Also responsible for measuring performance and progress resulting from implementation of these processes.
Position requirements include:
* BS degree in Electrochemistry, Organic Chemistry or Engineering Sciences.
* Minimum 7 years of relevant scientific or technical managerial experience, preferably within a medical device industry.
* Biomedical sensor design and development experience. Expertise in the area of amperometric, potentiometric and enzyme sensors, blood hemodynamics and medical materials science.
* Expert analysis, testing and evaluation skills of sensor/system designs, sensor manufacturing processes and techniques.
* Expertise in accurate design of experiments, interpretation and presentation of experimental data and generation of clear and concise summary reports.
* Strong statistical skills and knowledge a must.
* Be able to provide expert consultation in a timely and efficient manner to resolve technical problems by identifying root cause and defining appropriate corrective actions.
* Experience with integrating designs into defined products along with expert assistance in integrating into manufacturing process for high volume production.
* Candidate must have excellent verbal, written and listening skills and be able to present facts clearly and concisely to staff members at all levels. Candidate must have exceptional team skills and be able to wrok efficiently and effective with associates at all levels of the organization
* Ability to work as part of an interdisciplinary R&D team.
Please e-mail your application to Human Resources Manager Lynn Swenson,firstname.lastname@example.org.
SenDx offers an innovative and team-oriented work environment. Benefits include:
**Medical, dental and vision insurance effective upon hire
**401k (including company match after one year service of 100% on the 1st3% contributed, 50% on the 2nd2% contributed, PLUS a 3% company retirement contribution after one year)
**Incentive bonus plan
**15 days Paid Time Off accrued annually
**10 paid holidays per year