Manager, Project Coordination
USA - NV - Reno
Return to Previous Page
Work with senior management, client services, resource scheduling and scientific staff to ensure best practices in customer service, both internal and external. Responsible to ensure that suggested selling prices (SSP) and critical milestone dates, as prepared by the Project Coordinator, are consistent with site strategies.
* Make changes as necessary to the procedural metric section of the pricing sheet and coordinate changes with client services, finance and resource scheduling.
* Work with the General Manager and other senior management staff to develop suggested selling prices (SSP) strategies. Provide guidance to personnel as necessary; review and approve suggested selling prices for proposals and study changes.
* Identify method for maintaining and developing the established databases and reports to track procedural metrics.
* Manage departmental resources (workflow) for responsiveness to client needs and effective use of business processes.
* Participate on Preclinical Services, Nevadaintegration team to facilitate common processes across all Preclinical sites.
* Manage activities of assigned group to ensure effective performance of function.
* Interview and select qualified exempt- and non-exempt level departmental personnel, as necessary. Recommend, review, and approve personnel actions, including hiring, promotions and raises. Partner with Human Resources in the handling of disciplinary issues. Prepare and/or approve appropriate personnel action paperwork.
* Identify training and development needs of direct reports. Provide training and/or monitor training programs to ensure ongoing effectiveness.
* Monitor performance of direct reports. Provide regular coaching and counseling. Prepare and deliver salary and performance reviews; review and approve performance and salary appraisals initiated by direct reports.
* Authorize overtime as needed. Review and approve time cards. Review and approve vacation/time off requests and coordinate vacation/time off schedules.
* Assist in the development of short- and long-range operating objectives, organizational structure, and staffing requirements. Assist in the development of a departmental plan for backup and succession of supervisory staff and key technical personnel.
* Assist in the development and recommendation of departmental budget. Authorize expenditures in accordance with budget. Approve budget and expenses of subordinates.
* Ensure optimum performance of group function. Determine and implement techniques to improve productivity, increase efficiencies, cut costs, take advantage of opportunities, and maintain state-of-the-art practices.
* Develop and maintain departmental systems and SOPs. Assist in the development and communication of departmental policies and procedures. Partner with Human Resources to develop and approve
job descriptions for subordinate positions; ensure communication of duties and responsibilities to employees.
* Perform all other related duties as assigned.
* Education: Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S.) or equivalent in biological sciences, business management or related discipline.
* Experience: 3-5 years related experience in project management or 5-7 years experience in a laboratory or a research environment, and have a minimum of 2 years supervisory experience.
* An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
* Certification/Licensure: None
* Other:Knowledge of GLP regulatory guidelines and FDA/EPA/OECD regulatory testing guidelines is required. Demonstrated skills with computer software (MS Office, MS Project, Excel and database applications is required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Charles River Laboratories is an equal opportunity employer who values diversity in the workplace.
Return to Previous Page