The selected candidate will play a vital role in conducting financial and operational audits for operating companies and service subsidiaries. Specific accountabilities include:
* Evaluating the effectiveness of internal controls and operating practices, including the safeguarding of assets and the economic and efficient use of company resources.
* Determining compliance with policies and procedures; reporting on deviations, control weaknesses and areas of cost savings, and prescribing remedial actions.
* Conceiving and preparing original audit scope objectives and program of audit tests. Developing modifications to existing programs
* Developing audit findings including recommendations for improvements in policies, procedures, and methods.
* Preparing the final audit report for issuance to operating company and senior corporate management.
* Preparing adequate work papers of audits conducted.
* Resolving day-to-day problems with management in order to provide for the timely, accurate completion of projects.
* Coordinating and cooperating with independent auditors in conducting their interim and year-end audits.
* Assisting the Audit Manager and performing special projects as required.
* A Bachelor-Ts Degree in Accounting or Finance plus a minimum of five years of relevant experience in public accounting and/or private industry. CPA/CIA designation preferred.
* Detailed knowledge of audit techniques, theories and standards.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills.
* Proven ability to quickly learn and understand diverse business environments and to develop and implement audit testing in assigned areas.
* Excellent analytical, problem solving and reporting skills.
* The ability to leverage tact and diplomacy toward conflict resolution.
* The ability to deliver results on multiple assignments in a deadline-driven environment.
* The willingness and ability to accommodate 25 - 30% travel.