Business GE Healthcare
Business Segment Healthcare Systems
About Us GE Healthcare provides transformational medical technologies that are helping a new age of patient care. GE Healthcare's expertise in medical imagine and information technologies, medical diagnostics, patient monitoring and life support systems, disease research, drug discovery, and biopharmaceutical manufacturing technologies is helping physicians detect disease earlier and to tailor personalized treatments for patients.
GE Healthcare offers a broad range of products and services that are improving productivity in health and enhancing patient care by enabling healthcare providers to better diagnose and treat cancer, heart disease, neurological diseases, and other conditions. Headquartered in the United Kingdom, GE Healthcare is a $15 billion unit of General Electric Company (NYSE: GE). Worldwide, GE Healthcare employs more than 43,000 people committed to serving healthcare professionals and their patients in more than 100 countries.
GE is an equal opportunity employer.
Posted Position Title Clinical Research Engineer
Career Level Experienced
Function Segment Clinical Development
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces New York
Relocation Expenses Yes
Role Summary/Purpose GE is an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation.
The Clinical Scientist will provide technical and research support to clinical/pre-clinical collaborations w/ 4 major hospitals in the New York area. This position will deploy innovative solutions in clinical and/or research-oriented collaborations, address needs of emerging procedures, plan and coordinate clinical research studies at external trial sites in compliance with Good Clinical Practice, Standard Operating Procedures, and Corporate Policies, Guidelines and Standards.
Essential Responsibilities * Train and support clinical sites in day-to-day clinical investigations of GE solutions.
* Regularly interface with medical/scientific staff to identify opportunities of new applications and define requirements of technical solutions.
* Collaborate with medical/scientific staff in identifying new clinical applications.
* Install, upgrade, and maintain GE research equipment and application software, in collaboration with Research and Technology teams.
* Facilitate the coordination of various GE personnel (e.g. applications specialists, field engineers, engineering team)
* Contribute to the preparation of study documentation such as protocols, amendments, Case Report Forms, and study reports.
* May supervise the work of more junior Clinical Research Associates
Qualifications/Requirements * Master's degree in a medical imaging or science related field with a minimum of 3- year experience in the healthcare industry or research and preferably in the Interventional Radiology/Cardiology filed or BSc, with additionally 4year experience.
*MSc degree in medical science, biomedical engineering, physics or other relevant technical background. BSc with relevant experience will be also considered.
* Above 3 years industrial (or clinical research) experience in either Interventional X-ray, Computed Tomography, Magnetic Resonance, Nuclear Medicine related or medical related field.
* Understanding of image registration, reconstruction, processing, imaging system integration and analysis
* A broad practical knowledge of and experience in image and information management and clinical workflow.
* Experience in clinical study set up and execution.
* Strong communication skills (clinical and technical) in order to create trust, build and maintain relationships.
* Strong problem solving skills
* Excellent autonomy and ability to work under remote supervision from the Advanced Medical Applications manager
* Must be willing to travel as required
* Must be legally authorized to work in the United States full-time
* Must be willing to work in New York city full-time
* Must submit application for employment through gecareers.com (or COS if internal) to be considered
* Must be 18 years of age or older
* Must be willing to take a drug test as part of the selection process
* Must be willing to submit to a background investigation, including for example, verification of your past employment, criminal history, and educational background
Additional Eligibility Qualifications GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
Desired Characteristics * Demonstrated excellence in influential communication skills.
* Demonstrated excellence in personal leadership values and highest integrity with the ability to energize team to perform at the highest levels.
* Demonstrated aptitude and success in fostering external customer relationships.
* Ability to think strategically and influence decisions with key business leaders.
* Intellectual capacity to interpret trends and data, translating the information into actions and improvements.
* Demonstrated business, analytical, facilitation, communication and process skills.
* Robust interpersonal skills, with evidence of teamwork and collaboration.
* Exceptional written and verbal communication skills and ability to effectively communicate with customers at all levels.
* Solid process orientation, demonstrated resource management and allocation experience, and the ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously.
* Previous GE experience