Instrumentation Controls/Programmer Engineer
Area of Interest:Electrical Engineering
Job Type:Full Time
# of Positions:2
Education (Minimum):Bachelors Degree
Apply Online – Golder’s United States Job Opportunities:
Interested in this opportunity?
- Apply Online
- Email a friend this job opportunity
- If you are a returning candidate (with a profile/resume), you can click here to update your resume/CV first. Note: you''ll need to find this job again to Apply.
More information about this job:
Founded in Canada in 1960, we are a respected, employee-owned, global company providing consulting, design, and construction services in earth, environment, and related areas of energy. Today, our clients span the world''s major economic drivers: oil and gas, mining, manufacturing, power, transportation, water resources, and more. Our 7,000 people deliver deep technical understanding, cross-disciplinary thinking and a passion to help our clients succeed.
The Golder U.S. team (Golder Associates Inc.) is consistently voted a top consulting firm to work for and operates out of 45 offices across the country from Anchorage, Alaska to Tampa, Florida. Since the first office opened in 1968, we have built a reputation for providing innovative, quality solutions. From our initial strength in geotechnical engineering, our services expanded to meet the increasing range of client needs, including environmental compliance and remediation.
Our professionals -- from geologists, civil engineers, and geophysicists, to hydrogeologists, biologists, environmental scientists, risk analysts, and GIS specialists -- help clients with large, complex projects as well as small-scale ones.
Golder Associates Inc. is currently looking to fill a Controls/Programmer Engineer opening in our Lakewood, CO., location.
Position responsibilities include:
- Develop an understanding of the process control requirements for projects and develop control narratives, P&ID diagrams, PLC programs, operator interfaces, databases, and other necessities for project
- Lead efforts for field electrical work including instrumentation set-up, loop checks, filed terminations, and programming assistance
- Develop electrical design based on specifications and understanding of customer requirements.
- Analyze process design problems and develop workable solutions
Position requirements are:
- Bachelor Degree Engineering
- 3 years experience in Programming PLC’s (programmable logic controllers), Industrial SCADA software, understanding and experience with automation process controls and instrumentation
- Have the ability to develop P&IDs, control narratives, and understand control concepts of industrial control systems
- Have experience programming programmable logic controllers, preferably experience with Allen Bradley products
- Have experience with industrial SCADA software including database development, screen development, and visual basic or dot net programming
- Understanding of process instrumentation, primarily flow, pressure, and level instrument technologies
- Be able to read and understand electrical drawings
- Ability of work in an industrial construction site
- Ability to understand and troubleshoot electrical circuits
- Strong computer skills including Word, Excel, and database software
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Competitive salary with excellent benefits package.
Golder Associates Statement:
Back to US Region Start Page