Title: Mortgage Underwriter 3 - Englewood, CO
Analyzes and evaluates residential loan applications originated by U.S. Bank branch offices in accordance with industry and business unit standards. Gathers, analyzes and interprets all types of credit information for existing and prospective retail banking customers in order to maximize credit and minimize risk and potential loss. Develops and maintains a loan underwriting portfolio consistent with the Bank's guidelines for credit quality and Investor or Insurer standards. Approves and/or denies loans within certain limits and makes credit structure and loan eligibility decisions.
Your Career is Here.
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent work experience
- Five or more years of mortgage underwriting experience, including FHA, VA and HUD loans
- FHA Direct Endorsement Underwriting designation
- VA Staff Appraisal Reviewer (SAR) designation
- Advanced understanding of factors affecting real estate values and credit analysis
- Good mathematical skills
- Proficient computer skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Job: Credit / Lending