Winter Advanced Cook - Fast Casual - FT/Seasonal - Breckenridge Mountain Dining, CO (18762)
ID 18762 - Posted 02/04/2013 - Food and Beverage - Seasonal - United States - Colorado - Breckenridge - Breckenridge Ski Resort - Mountain Resorts
Job Description Print Preview
ApplyApply using LinkedInTSave JobEmail Job to FriendReturn to List
Experience of a Lifetime.More than just our mission, these words describe our unique and iconic resorts and the people who share a desire to achieve and experience excellence. One of our core values is providing an exceptional experience to our guests and to our employees. An opportunity to work at Vail Resorts is an opportunity to bring out your full passion for everything our company stands for, including our commitment to our product, the communities we live in, the environment and our shareholders. Our employees are good at what they do, and we welcome people who bring enthusiasm and pride to work.
Welcome to Breck Nation. Come be a part of one of the most unique communities anywhere. The character and personality of our resort is unique, fun, independent, laid-back, authentic and welcoming. Once you visit, you feel like a local, no matter where you are from, or what your background is. Once you leave, you take a piece of our character back with you and are changed forever. Breck is a worldwide community of people who share our passion and mentality; our spirit transcends borders and has created its own nation of followers who live the Breck lifestyle
The Cook will be responsible for preparing and cooking food while delivering exceptional guest service to dining guests. The Advanced Cook is also responsible for performing the full range of hte most difficult cooking tasks in addition to cooking complex menu items and preparing sauces & glazes to enhance flavors. The Advanced Cook will improvise on established recipes based on availability of ingredites. The Advanced Cook will oversee food preparation and will provide training & guidance to Entry & Intermediate level Cooks. They will suggest, develop & test new recipes and menu items. They may assist with ordering & inventory management. Job responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
* Oversee kitchen during the Chef and/or Sous Chef''s absence, supervising stations and ensuring operating standards are met.
* Responsible for production on own station and coordinates with Entry & Intermediate level Cooks on their stations with a high level of kitchen awareness.
* Advises Sous Chef, Chef and/or other Management of anticipated problems.
* Preps and works assigned stations quickly and cleanly
* Follow prep sheets accurately and with a sense of urgency
* Prepare food to the specifications of the Chef
* Reads, understands and follows recipes and standards
* Advises higher level Cooks and/or Managers of anticipated problems
* Take orders from customers and cook a variety of foods that require a short preparation time.
* Suggestive selling to customers, adding items such as fries with a burger, etc.
* Complete orders from steam tables, placing food on guest trays, counters, or guest tables
* Grill and garnish hamburgers or other meats such as steaks, chops, etc
* Strong knife skills required including the ability to tourne, julienne, brunoise, dice, chop and mince.
* Able to execute the following skills to a high standards; sautee, broil, bake, poach and braise.
* Clean food preparation equipment, work areas, counters, tables, etc. without supervision
* Demonstrate teamwork and cooperation with front of house staff
* Ability to communicate effectively and with a sense of urgency
* Inspects food preparation and serving areas to ensure observance of safety and sanitary food handling practices.
* Takes responsibility for product used in their station and manages it to assure a quality product.
* FIFO (first in, first out) rule observed daily in food rotation
* Other duties as assigned
* High School Diploma or equivalent
* Able to communicate English
* Ability to communicate in Spanish preferred
* Able to lift at least 50 lbs.
* Able to stand for long periods of time
* Previous restaurant or culinary service experience - 3 years Required
* Culinary degree - Preferred
* Previous supervisory experience - Preferred
Have fun. Serve Others. Do Right. Drive Values. Do Good. Be Safe. These are the values Vail Resorts employees embrace daily. As the premier mountain resort company in the world and a leader in luxury, destination-based travel at iconic locations, we operate in three highly integrated and interdependent segments including mountain, lodging and real estate. Vail Resorts employees are good at what they do and we welcome people who bring enthusiasm, pride and a commitment to creating an Experience of a Lifetime to our stakeholders.
Vail Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer