Location Cypress, CA
Position Id EB-3817272932
Based in our Siemens Industry Software offices in either Cypress, CA or Milford, OH - this position involves working on the NX CAD product in the NX Design Product Definition Team.
The successful candidate will define Requirement and Functional Specifications for the NX CAD product with focus on surpassing customer expectations and achieving high quality and on-time delivery. In recent NX releases, members of the NX Product Definition team have been instrumental in defining the NX UI and Interaction standards, Synchronous Technology, HD3D, as well as defining and contributing to numerous projects in each release. This is an exciting oppoortunity to join a team that has a lot of input to the future of NX. Some customer interaction is likely to be required, some of which will require travel to customer facilities.
You will be working within a team of around 9 highly-qualified engineers located in the USA and Europe, as well as working with software development teams in Europe, USA, India and China. We offer a flexible working environment, in which discussion of problems and solutions is encouraged.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Contribute individually or in a team as needed to define and meet the requirements of various projects.
* Define a wide range of functionality solutions to support industry workflows.
* Document designs in a clear and concise manner.
* Work with lead developer to ensure successful implementation of projects.
* Assist in maintaining existing software code - analyse and define solutions to customer and internally reported problems.
* Work with customers to understand and improve NX product.
* Follow the various steps in the Software Development Lifecycle Process(SDLC) including writing specification documents.
* Communication and collaboration within the team and with customers.
* Ensure ongoing quality of the product delivered to customers.
* Bachelor's, Master's or higher degree in Engineering, or other numerate discipline from a reputed institution.
* Strong experience of one or more 3D CAD systems as an end user or in a CAD vendor sales or support organization.
* Demonstrated experience of defining detailed technical solutions.
* Good analytical and problem solving skills.
* Strong communication skills necessary to create specifications and discuss project issues.
* Experience as a user of core office applications(Word, Excel, Powerpoint).
* Capable of independent as well as collaborative work.
* A team player, flexible and self-motivated.
* Excellent communication skills - both verbal and written.
* Attention to detail.
* Able to work under pressure and juggle multiple priorities to meet agreed delivery schedules.
* Effective organizational and time management skills.
* Able to work well with minimal supervision.
* The ability and desire to continually improve and learn about new areas.
* Perseverance. Able to "hold the line" when needed.
* An aptitude for usability.
* Teamcenter end-user experience
* Experience of graphics tools(i.e. Photoshop)
* Experience of script-type, any .Net language or VBA programming
* An energetic and proactive approach
* Clear thinking and analytical problem solving skills
* Experience of technical project leadership
About Siemens PLM Software
Siemens PLM Software, a business unit of the Siemens Industry Automation Division, is a leading global provider of product lifecycle management(PLM) software and services with 7 million licensed seats and 71,000 customers worldwide. Headquartered in Plano, Texas - Siemens PLM Software works collaboratively with companies to deliver open solutions that help them turn more ideas into successful products. For more information on Siemens PLM Software products and services, visitwww.siemens.com/plm.
Siemens PLM Software is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V
Siemens PLM Software does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiting agencies.
Functional Area Product Consulting