Senior Semiconductor Packaging Engineer
Job ID 45460
Job Location CA-Foothill Ranch-SW
Job Category Engineering
Date Posted Oct 26, 2012
NATURE OF WORK:
Candidate will design and develop innovative semiconductor packaging technologies for use in Company’s leading edge high density memory module products. Candidate will design MultiChip Packages (MCP), System-in-Package (SiP), and Package-on-Package (PoP) stacking solutions based on proprietary and industry standard semiconductor packaging technologies. Candidate will be responsible for development of products from concept phase through final product qualification by Company’s OEM customers, including product specification, design, reliability, thermal analysis, prototype debug, design verification, validation, and customer qualification testing. Candidate will be responsible for specifying the complete package design including die
attach method, substrate design, and materials selection, and will also be responsible for developing and introducing the assembly process into Company’s factory. Candidate will interact directly with Company’s OEM customers and key component suppliers. Some travel will be
· Experience in the design of semiconductor packages including plastic encapsulated packages, MultiChip Packages (MCPs), and System-in-Package (SiP).
· Experience in various die attachment methods such as flip chip, wirebond, copper pillar, and underfill.
· Thorough understanding of semiconductor package design parameters and their influence on cost, thermal performance, reliability, and manufacturability.
· Thorough understanding and experience in packaging qualification testing techniques and industry standard test methods.
· Experience in fabrication techniques for high speed, high density PCBs.
· Experience with printed circuit board assembly, SMT processing equipment and methods.
· Thorough understanding of high volume manufacturing processes for semiconductor ICs (backend packaging and test).
· Hands on experience working with manufacturing to develop an assembly process for a new package design.
· Understanding of packaging related metallurgy as it relates to solderability and package reliability.
· Experienced in the use of CAD tools for mechanical design, thermal analysis, schematic capture, and PCB layout.
· Solid verbal and written communication skills.
· Ability to interface directly with customers to resolve technical issues.
· Minimum 8 years engineering experience.
· BS in EE, Mechanical Engineering, Physics, or Materials, advanced Engineering degree preferred.