Requisition ID 22682BR
Position Title Sr. Compliance Officer
Job Family Legal/Compliance/Underwriting
Employment Category fulltime-regular
Job Description Responsible for supporting the Chief Compliance Officer in all aspects of the corporate compliance plan and strategy relevant to direct operations.
This includes providing independent assessments of general business practice's adherence to the law, applicable regulations, the Code of Conduct, corporate policies, guidelines and procedures. Candidate will coordinate with other functions such as Legal and Internal Audit to support First American's leadership in driving accountability within the business units for their compliance related responsibilities.
The position will report to VP, Corporate Compliance and specific duties will include:
. Audit and activities of operational departments to confirm adherence to requirements, identify gaps and track trends.
. Support remediation efforts, as appropriate, when management is informed of required modifications to the day-to-day compliance activities in their area.
. Implement compliance program initiatives in the assigned business line(s).
. Coordinate with Legal, Human Resources, and other departments to support compliance training efforts.
Job Qualifications Education:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 8+ years of related experience in insurance company, regulatory agency or financial services company. Working knowledge of laws and regulations applicable to the Company's industry.
- Works independently setting own priorities and objectives with supervisory consultation. Work reviewed for soundness of judgment and overall accuracy
- Knowledge of Federal and State regulations
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Strong Organizational skills with the ability to multi task, prioritize and work under pressure
- Ability to build and maintain rapport with superiors, peers, subordinates and external company contacts.
- Microsoft office products with an emphasis on MS Word and Excel
% of Travel Required None