Title: Unit Department Manager RN Stockton - Pulmonolgy
Location: Stockton, CA
Manages a large unit or multiple units providing ambulatory services. Ensures staff provides high quality, accessible, cost effective care, and patient focused services to members across the continuum, which comply with local, state, and federal requirements. Develops and maintains clinical practice standards, budgets, and staff development.
- Manages the operations of a large unit or multiple units.
- Ensures Assistants and staff provide the highest quality of care and are in compliance w/ the Nurse Practice Act, The Joint Commission, federal, state, and local requirements.
- Collaborates w/ physicians and other health care providers in establishing, implementing, and maintaining patient care and quality service standards to meet members and internal clients'' expectations.
- Acts as patient advocate resolving patient care issues.
- Designs and evaluates processes to improve systems and patient care results across the continuum of care.
- Develops and monitors budgets and resource allocations.
- Monitors financial performance and identifies and implements strategies to reduce costs and improve quality of care/service.
- Determines the appropriate staff mix for department and develops processes to screen, interview, hire, train, and maintain the competency of all department staff.
- Provides on going staff development.
- Develops, implements, and monitors departmental policies and procedures which support the organizations goals and business objectives and ensures they are met.
- Collaborates w/ Physician Team Leader and Department Chief in developing the level of patient services and the day-to-day operations of the department.
- Manages and resolves human resource, labor relations, employee and department safety, and risk management issues.
- In unison with the Chiefs of Pulmonology, Nephrology, Neurology and Allergy, the RN Manager is responsible for the Pulmonology, Outpatient Respiratory Therapy, Sleep Lab, Nephrology, Neurology and Allergy Departments.
- The manager directs, coordinates, facilitates, leads, and evaluates all performance on behalf of the Chiefs.
- Oversees staff, ensures compliance with regulatory compliance, consults on patient care issues, and manages the budget.
- The departments are all located at both of the Modesto and Stockton locations and the Sleep Lab is located at Manteca.
- Significant, usually five (5) years of nursing experience in both outpatient care & management/leadership roles required.
- Significant, usually five (5) years of supervisory experience required.
- Significant experience in an outpatient care setting preferred.
- Bachelor''s degree or equivalent experience in nursing or health related field required.
- Master''s degree preferred.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- Clinical specialization in area of practice preferred.
- Current California RN license required.
- BLS certification required.
- PALS, PEARS and/or ACLS certifications may be required for positions in specific departments.
- Knowledge of Nurse Practice Act, The Joint Commission, & other local, state, federal regulations.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal communication skills.