Award-winning training. Nurses who lead.
We are looking for Experienced RN's that have worked in a Charge RN role or are ready to take the next step into a Charge RN role!
Make the most of your leadership skills to help patients live better lives. In this vital front-line role at an outpatient clinic or hospital unit, you will oversee all aspects of its operation. You will supervise direct patient care, perform patient assessment; develop and administer dialysis plans; analyze patient data; and administer medications, fluid therapy/blood products, and other treatments per physician orders. You also will perform teammate and patient scheduling; train new teammates; and prepare, monitor and maintain dialysis machines and systems.
Our nurse leadership means everything. From new nurses to tenured professionals, DaVita has a training program and professional development/advancement track just for you-across the range of our industry-leading, innovative modality choices.
Our teams are built on strong relationships through training excellence and patient-centered care.
We offer career options to fit your lifestyle.
What can you expect as a dialysis nurse at DaVita?
Patients - Help patients improve their quality of life by delivering outstanding clinical outcomes.
Success at a DaVita dialysis facility is measured by how well patients respond to their dialysis treatments. As an RN you work with a team including a social worker, dietitian and physician to ensure that each patient receives the best care possible, and in turn lives a healthier life outside of the clinic.
Relationships - Build long-term bonds with your patients and their families.
As a dialysis nurse you see your patients three to four times each week for a few hours at a time, while they receive their treatments. The dialysis lifestyle can be very trying for our patients. By forming relationships with them, our nurses understand each patient's unique needs and help ease some of their burden.
Team - Your team supports one another and creates a fun work environment.
Give me a T, give me an E, finish it up with an A and an M - what's that spell? TEAM! We have seven Core Values that we live and work by and Team is one of them. We work hard - sometimes under pressure - but we work together with the common goal of delivering the best patient care and supporting each other in the process.
As a Hemodialysis RN with DaVita, here are some of things you'll learn and do:
* Perform direct patient care including but not limited to taking/monitoring vital signs, initiation and termination of dialysis, documentation, physical assessment of patients and patient treatments, taking and transcription of physician's orders, drawing and documentation of ordered laboratory work
* Note any signs of trauma, patients' general physical and mental condition, review of dialysis orders, document observations in patient medical records legibly
* Analyze patient assessments, laboratory data and, when concerns are noted, bring issues to the attention of the physician
* Communicate all emergencies, patient life-threatening complications and related incidents to supervisor, Medical Director, Regional Operations Director, Facility or Group Facility Administrator
* Assess patient and family learning readiness and provide appropriate information on renal disease, prescribed dialysis treatment and medical regimen and its impact on the patient's state of health and well-being.
* Provide hemodialysis therapy including but not limited to formulating dialysis plan per physician orders, weight and rate to be ultrafiltrated, ensuring safety measures are in place and complied with, administering medications or other appropriate treatments, discontinuing dialysis according to established procedure, documenting all activity appropriately
* Instruct patient on pre- and post-dialysis care
* Administer patient quality care in a considerate, respectful manner
* Inform Facility Administrator/Clinical Coordinator or Clinical Nurse Manager of all incidents, conditions, problems, counseling and the necessity for further counseling as it relates to teammate, patient care and facility management
* Prepare and maintain dialysis machines and systems per DaVita policy: rinse and reuse procedure, maintain dialyzer records, prepare dialysis water treatment system for use according to established procedure and understand the technical operations to resolve minor problems independently
* Notify bio-medical technician regarding machine or water treatment malfunctions and provide appropriate documentation
* Review treatment records and ensure accuracy of charges
* Participate in quality improvement programs
* Ensure compliance with DaVita policies and procedures in accordance with state and federal regulations relating to patient care and services (CMS, HIPAA, OSHA, AMMI or other governing agencies)
* Comply with state or federal regulations of the Teammate Health and Safety Training Program
* Work overtime with little or no notice as needed
* Attend team meetings, phone conferences, quality improvement meetings, educational activities, and training as needed
* Know, understand, and follow teammate guidelines, employment policies, and department or company procedures
* Consistent, regular, punctual attendance as scheduled is an essential responsibility of this position
Some details about this position:
* This is a full-time role working 3-4 days a week, 10-14 hour shifts requiring flexibility Monday through Saturday
* Hours required to be flexible within: 5:00 am - 8:00 pm
* At least 1 year of nursing experience within dialysis is preferred
* At least 1 year of nursing experience within ICU, CCU, ER, med/surg, telemetry isrequired
* Spanish fluency is a huge bonus!
* A solid work ethic and FUN nature go a long way at DaVita, so roll up your sleeves and put on your party hat!
* Our patients are the #1 priority and we're looking for the cream of the crop to help make a difference in their lives
* We're looking for the RIGHT person, RIGHT fit, RIGHT attitude!
* If you align closely with our core values of Service Excellence, Integrity, Team, Continuous Improvement, Accountability, Fulfillment, and Fun, then DaVita may be the RIGHT place for YOU!
At DaVita, your resume won't go into the Internet 'black hole'. Send your resume directly to our Clinical Recruiter at:email@example.com
The Shining Star in this role should have:
Current RN license in the state of practice
Current CPR certification required
ICU, CCU, ER, or Med Surg experience is preferred
CNN or CDN preferred
A.D.N from accredited school of nursing required; B.S.N preferred; three-year diploma from accredited diploma program may be substituted for nursing degree
Completed training program approved by the medical director and the governing body as required by CMS guidelines prior to operating the water treatment system
Experience assessing, trouble shooting and making sound recommendations in stressful situations
Flexibility like a gymnast - okay, not literally. What we mean is someone who thrives in an environment that is constantly changing and will face new challenges head-on.
Excellent communication skills to listen and communicate with patients and teammates
The ultimate multi-tasker, who has great time management skills and can prioritize their responsibilities
The DaVita Village Difference
* Industry-leading patient care with clinical outcomes ranked above the national average.
* Dynamic leadership grounded in Core Values, Mission and clearly defined goals for you.
* Diverse, team-driven culture that thrives on fun and supports you.
* Commitment to developing you and the chance to explore multiple career paths.
* Stability and strong financial results - ten years of steady revenue growth.
* Performance-based compensation and rewards for your hard work.
* A commitment to the greater good: We are a community first, a company second.
Are you ready to make a difference in the lives of your patients and enjoy the support of a stellar team? If so, we'd like to speak with you.
Visit: learn more or apply.
Follow us onFacebookandLinkedIn
DaVita is proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.