Requisition # G1906205
Job Title GPU ARCHITECTURE SOFTWARE ENGINEER
Post Date 10/03/2012
Division Qualcomm Incorporated
Job Area Engineering - Systems
Location California - San Diego
Massachusetts - Boxborough
California - Santa Clara
Florida - Orlando
Job Function As a member of our Graphics System team, you will help to create the pilot driver of our next generation graphics core to support pre-silicon architetcure & IP validation & verification for wireless devices.
In this position. You will be responsible for:
* development of the driver and tools to implement standard graphics API and internal graphics API
* You are expected to understand the design of graphics core and API, define the development scope, develop the driver and tool for APIs, and verify the correctness of the implementation on platforms such as model, firmware, or real silicon.
* You will be working with architects, modeling, verification, performance and compiler teams to accomplish your tasks.
* You will be also prototyping driver to validate our new conceptual architectures & system solutions for future IP development.
* Solid understanding of computer architecture and graphics (e.g., DirectX & OpenGL)
* Strong C/C++ programming language experience
* Graphics driver (OpenGL or Direct3D) development experience are desirable
* Good debugging and problem solving skills
* Practical scripting skills (e.g., Perl/Python or equivalent)
* Agile development methodology experience is preferable
* 3D graphics application development experience is a plus
* Good communication skills and ability & desire to work as a team player
Education Requirements Master's degree in Computer Science/Electrical Engineering required. Doctorate degree in Computer Science/Electrical Engineering preferred.