Requisition # G1888902
Job Title Hardware Characterization Engineer
Post Date 10/04/2012
Division Qualcomm Incorporated
Job Area Engineering - Hardware
Location California - San Diego
Job Function Test and characterization of hi-speed interfaces, DSP cores, microprocessors, memories, pads, and peripherals. These include but are not limited to: SRAM, DRAM, DDR, PCIe, USB Phy, HDMI, TSIF, CAMERA IF. Hands on experience with automatic test equipment (ATE) is a must. Experience with bench instrumentation a plus. Engineer will be responsible for developing Characterization Plans, Developing Test Programs, Data Collection and Technical Data Analysis of parametric performance.
Skills/Experience - Verigy SOC 93000 ATE hands on experience is a plus.
- Understanding device functional specifications and timing diagrams
- Understanding of HI-SPEED test and characterization including eye diagram characteristics, differential signals, etc.
- Developing Characterization and Test plans
- Developing ATE tests/routines/programs to execute test plans.
- Requires excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills with proven ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Must demonstrate strong problem solving and debugging skills.
- Programming skills: C, C++, PERL
- Understanding DFT - Built In Self Test - BIST for memory
- Strong knowledge of sequential and combinational logic in CMOS design
- Good knowledge of computer organization(ARM/RISC)
- Familiar with CMOS Fab processes and technology
- ATE test hardware: testers and handler
Education Requirements Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering required. Master's degree in Electrical Engineering preferred.
Keywords hardware test engineer automated test equipment ate serdes hi speed digital wireless semiconductor