Title: Project Manager (Barcode Med-Admin)
TELUS Health Solutions is an IT leader in Canada that focuses on the health sector. It develops and manages solutions that automate transactions and the secure exchange of information to increase the process efficiency and quality of service of its customers.
Our mission is to improve the way information is being used along the continuum of care to better the health of citizens in Canada and in selected countries.
At TELUS Health Solutions, we are as driven to take on the next challenge as you are. Join the team at one of Canada''s leading IT providers, and help us take our work-and your career-to exciting new places.
The Transformation Services team offers healthcare organizations in Canada and the United States a full range of consulting services that enable them to meet mounting demands for high quality, cost effective care. Transformation Services works with a wide variety of clients on projects that include strategy, health policy, information management, clinical change, quality improvement and performance measurement. The team offers the talent and experience necessary to help healthcare organizations realize the full value of their investments in advanced information systems.
* Participate as an active team member on client engagements
* Focus on improving quality of deliverables to ensure customer satisfaction
* Gather meaningful information by using effective probing and listening skills to identify and confirm client needs
* Conduct research, analyze data, interview clients, document work processes and develop high quality deliverables that are clear, concise and meet client expectations
* Generate suggestions and ideas on how to deal with problems/issues
* Understand specific client needs and requirements and the relationship to business results
* Obtain and maintain current knowledge and skills related to healthcare
* Contribute to internal knowledge management by sharing knowledge with others
* Build relationships with team members and provide ideas and best practices
* A working knowledge of the healthcare industry, acquired through health related studies or work experience in the health sector
Required Skills & Abilities:
* MS Excel and PowerPoint skills - ability to construct reports and presentations with well-structured line of thought and presentation style
* Ability to handle multiple tasks and conflicting priorities
* Excellent interpersonal and client relationship skills
* Proactive and self motivated - takes initiative without being asked
* Excellent analytical ability with exceptional attention to detail
* Devotion to delivering quality work
* Proven ability to work as part of a team
* Enthusiasm and the ability to thrive in a fast paced environment
* Willingness to travel
* A passion for making a difference in healthcare
Required Professional Designation/Certification:
* An undergraduate degree in business administration, health informatics, engineering, computer science, statistics, clinical profession (nursing, pharmacy, etc) or related discipline
* Experience in managing the implementation of Bar coding meds and administration
* PM skills/experience
* Rx background (preferred)
* Cerner experience (preferred)
* PMI certified (preferred)
Who is TELUS:
We''re a high-performing team of individuals who collectively make TELUS one of the leading telecommunications companies in Canada. Our competitive consumer offerings include wireline, wireless, internet and Optik TVT. We also deliver a compelling range of products and services for small, medium and large businesses; and have carved out a leadership position in the health, energy, finance and public sector markets with innovative industry specific solutions.
TELUS Health is an IT leader in Canada that focuses on the health sector. It develops and manages solutions that automate transactions and the secure exchange of information to increase the process efficiency and quality of service of its customers. Our mission is to improve the way information is being used along the continuum of care to better the health of citizens in Canada and in selected countries.
The TELUS team is as diverse as the society we live in and the customers we serve. We''re also passionate about creating success for our customers, our shareholders, our communities and our team.
Do you share our passion?
At TELUS, you create future friendly possibilities®
At TELUS, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.
Disclaimer: In accordance with the TELUS Health Solutions Data Center Security Policy, as a condition of employment, all personnel whose job functions require they work at a Data Center and/or have access to detailed knowledge of technology related to client service delivery, are subject to a Personnel Security Screening conducted through the Government of Canada.