A database administrator's responsibilities include:
* Maintenance of the database server and application
* Planning and allocating system storage requirements for the database system
* Creating primary database storage structures
* Creating tables, views, indices
* Modifying the database structure, as necessary
* Enrolling users and controlling user access
* Database performance optimization
* Recovery of database information
Data backup, synching, and recovery management
Implementation and troubleshooting of programming changes and modifications.
- UNIX and/or Windows operating systems and Relational Database Management Systems (RDBS) administration
BS, Computer Science
- Systems (Windows, Unix, or Linux) systems maintenance
- Design, document and build physical database environments from table, column, index and view definitions to storage requirements and drive spacing and growth accommodations.
- Design and document data security and asset protection techniques that meet business requirements.
- Agile development methodology
- Full life-cycle development experience of large, mission critical applications.
- Software engineering and database development skills.
- Willingness to take on new challenges and environments.
- Understanding and ability to work under established configuration management practices and policies.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively plan workload and meet established deadlines.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Good problem solving skills.
- Life cycle process for software development, web applications, and implementation.
- DataStage ETL software
- Oracle 11g, SQL, MySQL, MS Access, Basic, C, HTML, XML, JAVA, JCL, COBOL, Shell Script, Visual Basic, X-Windows, Lotus Notes and/or Web Services
- Expertise in sizing, capacity planning, backup, and recovery planning with multi-terabyte data warehouse solutions in Oracle environments in Very Large-Scale Enterprise Class environments
- Scripts for the creation of the physical database schema(s), data security and protection, managing performance, performing backups/ restores, and archiving data.
- SQL Profiler, Performance Monitor and Explain Plan assessment, SQL scripts, stored procedures, triggers, functions and transactions analysis, understanding of indices and statistics (Query Optimizer) for Very Large-Scale databases
- Security requirements for databases, developing, documenting, and implementing backup and recovery procedures.
- Configuration, management, and maintenance of the operation of complex relational databases.
- Data models
- Performance tuning
- Database Benchmarking (Threshold Forecasting, Sizing, Capacity Planning, Trend/Predictive Analysis, Testing/Stressing, and recovery planning in Enterprise Class environments)
- Standard diagramming techniques to design and develop computer data models
- Relational database design
Experience & Education:
6 Years, with related Bachelors degree. - OR -
8+ Years, with related Bachelors degree.
Raytheon Company (NYSE: RTN), with 2011 sales of $25 billion, is a technology and innovation leader specializing in defense, homeland security and other government markets throughout the world. With a history of innovation spanning 90 years, Raytheon provides state-of-the-art electronics, mission systems integration and other capabilities in the areas of sensing; effects; and command, control, communications and intelligence systems, as well as a broad range of mission support services. With headquarters in Waltham, Mass., Raytheon employs 71,000 people worldwide.
At Raytheon Intelligence and Information Systems (IIS), we transform data into knowledge. IIS is a leading provider of intelligence and information solutions, specializing in ground processing, unmanned ground systems, cybersecurity operations, homeland security and other markets to resolve the most complex problems for our customers worldwide. IIS employs more then 8,300 people worldwide with major hubs in the Mid Atlantic Region, Aurora, CO, and national Headquarters in Garland, TX, IIS generated $3 billion in 2011 revenues.
Raytheon is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status, or any other protected factor.
To Apply for this position, pleaseCLICK HERE