Americold, the largest provider of temperature controlled distribution services in the US, is seeking a Forklift Operator to join the team at our refrigerated warehouse in Sioux Falls, SD.
Primary Responsibility: Unloads and loads customer product, scans product, and places it correctly in warehouse. Maintains a safe and clean work area.
* Promote a safe work environment through personal actions. Identify any safety concerns, as well as cost saving opportunities.
* Load and unload trucks and railcars. Move product onto pallet in correct position.
* Scan product and move to loading area. Check for accuracy and placement.
* Direct product to correct area in warehouse.
* Pack product using shrink-wrap. Attach correct labels to product.
* Move product safely using forklift, pallet jack or dock loader. Follow instructions for operating equipment.
* Clear work area of loose wood and plastic. Sweep work area as needed.
* Report faulty equipment, damage to racks, and other safety hazards to supervisor.
* Inventory product as needed. Label, sort, wrap and tie product.
* Other duties as requested.
* 1 year work experience in warehouse or manufacturing environment or equivalent combination of education and experience
* Ability to become forklift certified
* Familiar with WMS and RF
* Strong teamwork skills
* Ability to read numbers and labels
* Ability to work in fast-paced environment
* Ability to add, subtract and multiply
Physical Requirements: While performing the essential functions of this job, the associate is frequently required to sit; hear or talk: use close vision; use hands to grasp, handle or feel objects; and type and manipulate controls. Associate is occasionally required to use distance vision, stand, kneel or crouch and lift up to 80 lbs.
Only qualified and local candidates with related experience will be considered. Pre-employment Drug & Alcohol Screening Required. EOE M/F/D/V
Keyword: Forklift Operator, Warehousing