Share this job as a link in your status update to LinkedIn.
This details all the information about the job posting.
Assistant or Associate Professor of Nursing
SAN RAFAEL, CA, 94901 US
Date Needed By
Dominican University of California is seeking a full-time (9.5 month), tenure-track position at the Assistant or Associate Professor level in the Department of Nursing, School of Health and Natural Sciences as a Nurse Teacher and Researcher. This position commences in Spring 2013. The successful candidate's primary responsibilities will be to conduct nursing research and teach courses in nursing each semester. Tenure and promotion requirements for tenure-track faculty include teaching, scholarship, and service. Opportunities exist for research and teaching collaboration within the faculty of Health and Natural Sciences as well as hospital partners currently involved in nursing research such as San Francisco General and the VA.
The Department of Nursing, is CCNE accredited, and offers both a bachelor and master of science degree in Nursing. Nursing is comprised of a very diverse student body. More than 65% of the students are ethnically diverse and many are first-generation college educated.
* Conduct research (to be determined)
* Supervise graduate and undergraduate student theses
* Teach courses in nursing including nursing research at undergraduate and graduate levels
* Contribute to the department through research, publications, grants, and service
* Doctoral degree in Nursing or related field
* Record of excellent teaching at the university level
* Dedicated to research with an established record of research
* Currently conducting funded research as a principal investigator
* Possesses or can acquire an active California RN license
Additional Position Information
* Applications will be considered until the position is filled
* Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience
* Generous benefits package
* Must be willing to consent to a background check
For More Information Contact:
Dr. Anita Hunter, Chair, Department of Nursing
Dominican University of California
50 Acacia Avenue
San Rafael, CA 94901
For questions on the application process, please firstname.lastname@example.org
Dominican University of California is an independent, international, learner-centered university of Catholic heritage, offering both undergraduate and graduate programs. Dominican has a 1:11 teacher-to-student ratio, an average class size of 15, with a small-town feeling in a park-like campus. We blend interdisciplinary core courses, real-world studies, and small classes with close and supportive academic advising and mentoring.
Dominican University of California is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to excellence through diversity, and takes pride in its multicultural environment.
# of Hires Needed