Associate Director, Heart Walk (North Bay)
Associate Director, Heart Walk (Santa Rosa)
What's your motivation? Want satisfying work that makes a real difference in people's lives? Then consider the American Heart Association---where you can combine professional growth and personal fulfillment. We have an excellent opportunity for anAssociate Director, Heart Walkin ourSanta Rosa office.
The Associate Director, under the general supervision of the Development Director, will provide support for theHeart Walk, a major fund raising event that promotes healthy living. The Walk has an overall fundraising goal of $500,000 net and the Associate Director will have an individual goal of approximately $100,000 netachieved through the recruitment and cultivation of community teams and sponsorship
Additional responsibilities include:administrative and clerical supportof the Start! Heart Walk; maintaining/updating andgenerating reports from various databasesand assisting with operations procedures;recruitment, training and management of volunteersfor planning committee and day of event responsibilities;logistic coordination
Qualified applicants will have:
* Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet tight deadlines
* Highly effective written, verbal and group presentation communication skills
* Demonstrated proficiency with work processing, data base management and spreadsheet software using MS Word, Excel, Access, etc.
* Ability to work in a team environment and interact with staff, volunteers and public, both individually and in groups
* Ability to function independently with minimal supervision.
* Ability to plan work, organize time and maintain efficient workflow
* Ability to respond to changing priorities and demand of the department
* Ability to take ownership of projects and carry them through to completion
* Ability to travel within assigned region, including occasional overnight travel
The knowledge, skills and abilities may be acquired through at least 2 years of progressively related experience and specialized education, or bay any equivalent combination of education and experience.
Attracting talented, committed employees means offering a competitive benefits package, ongoing professional development and training, and a diverse and inclusive environment in which to work and grow. And we do. Visitwww.heart.org/careersand click benefits" for more information.
Apply today and find out why theNonProfit Timeshas recognized the American Heart Association as one of the Best Non Profits to Work" year after year.
Candidates must apply online as the AHA's recruitment process does not include the utilization of fax or hard copy resumes. No phone calls please.
The American Heart Association is committed to enhancing the diversity of its volunteers and staff.
Santa Rosa, California, United States
40,600.00 - 52,000.00 USD