Medtronic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Plans, influences and executes on Medtronic Coronary, Renal Denervation and Endovascular Therapies (Vascular Therapies) global strategic reimbursement strategies plans and actions. Influences, controls and implements strategy in the United States of America and geographies such as Asia, Brazil, Canada, China, Europe, India, Japan and others . Incumbent oversees the development and dissemination of global Healthcare Economic (HCE) evidence.
Builds relationships with regional and country HCE and Reimbursement teams on development and execution of local strategic reimbursement plans, works with business units to ensure new product documentation, provides input into clinical data creation, performs economic data creation, provides advocacy and coalition work for access to decision makers. Maintains relationships with third party payers in the US and creates US strategic reimbursement plans. The incumbent may reside in Santa Rosa California, Minneapolis, MN, Singapore or in Europe
• Provides direction to national and local coverage process and policies, globally, as needed by supplying country/regional reimbursement teams with clinical information and through advocacy to influence the process. Advocacy includes influencing physicians, specialty societies and industry. Works directly in the US with payers.
• Conducts global data analysis, position creation and advocacy for coding and payment changes affecting assigned Medtronic Vascular Therapies products. Strong attention to detail. Advocacy includes influencing hospitals, specialty societies and industry.
• Identifies health economic evidence needs, selects appropriate resources and partners, and drives development and peer-review dissemination. Partners with assigned commercial team on internal and customer education efforts related to health economic evidence.
• Characterizes payer market challenges, business drivers and overall strategic direction for assigned product lines and geographies. Monitors and reports shifts in the payer environment and insurance product design that impacts physicians and hospitals.
• Identifies Medtronic business’s interactions with major payers and “best practices”. Appropriately positions Medtronic and key payers across the geographies.
• Partners with global regional/country commercial teams to develop economic value messages for hospitals.
• Develops clinical trial reimbursement strategy and manages execution thereof, in compliance with government health care system legal requirements for the purpose of revenue generation and risk/fine avoidance and consistent with business unit strategic needs (e.g. – speed of trial execution, etc.)
• Works with all strategic business partners across Medtronic who become invovled with assinged Vascular Therapies product lines .
• Comfortable working virtually, with flexible work place arrangements and business virtual technologies.
• Excellent presentation,oral and written computer skills
• Able to manage complex problems and projects be exercising independent decision making and analytical thiking skills, with minimul supervision.
• Excellent computer skills and advanced competency with MS Word, PowerPoint, MS Project, Adobe Acrobat, Excel, databases, praphic presentations.
Skills/Competencies: Demonstrated strong influence management skills and ability to lead teams and work effecitvely across competing organizations. Excellent verbal and written communication skills to all levels of the organization including executive management. The ability to research and strategially apply technical reimbursment knowledge to a varierty of business situations. Demonstrated competence in internaional reimburesment, coding , coverage and payment, and a key understnading of health care economics with multi-government health care systems.
Ability to sit for 8 hours at time and lift 25 pounds. Able to travel 50% of the time, and internationally.
Bachelor’s degree in health policy, health services research, economics, biostatistics, epidemiology, public administration, clinical research or a related discipline preferred with 13 years of experience in medical device or pharmaceutical reimbursement, regulatory affairs, clinical research, health care and hospital coding administration, or health care economics. Advanced degree in the above areas preferred, with 11 years healthcare work experience, as described above Experience with industry clinical trial management preferred. The successful candidate will have a track record of influencing others and a bias to action.
Physical Job Requirements