Title: Interaction Designer, Global Digital User Experience (PL)
Location: United States-California-Palo Alto
Join us. Make history.
We're the Global Digital Strategy UX Team at HP-and we need you. You know how to translate complex business needs into well-organized, persuasive, and delightful web experiences, and we're about to re-invent the industry. Are you ready to drive that change?
As the Interaction Designer, you will guide a variety of ambitious and exciting projects seen by millions in 43 languages and 78 countries. You will design a world-class HP digital ecosystem tying our web presence, mobile, and social together into effective marketing and communication. You will design the future face of HP from within. You will be a thought leader, a passionate advocate for the customer-user, and an essential member of a smart, nimble team. You will define the interaction that is the HP Experience.
This is an opportunity to apply your hard-won expertise for immediate (and enviable) global impact.
This challenging role, with a lot of diversity, will support our User Experience leads with hands-on interaction design deliverables for a large variety of assets. Create consistent, brand-caliber designs for the global hp.com digital ecosystem-web and mobile. It requires someone who is talented, opinionated, passionate about clarity in design, and eager to learn and grow. You will help us turn a simply functional site section into a delightful and rich brand beacon.
The interaction designer will determine the best ways for us to represent myriad topics-from our consumer product pages to enterprise pages to ecommerce experiences. It''s very much a people-oriented job, involving development of specific design solutions for thousands of pages. It provides you with an opportunity to work alongside top talent in the industry, both in-house and at our agencies
· Ability to create customer journeys, flow charts, site maps, and wire frames
· Proven ability to communicate creative solutions with confidence, ease and clarity
· Provide quality control over concepts and projects
· Collaborates with a content strategist, writers, visual designers, user researchers, developers, producers, and colleagues throughout the corporation to ensure world-class user experience
· Ability to manage time and reliable deliverables
· Thorough knowledge of design software such as Adobe Creative Suite, Flash, and HTML. Experience with Axure strongly preferred
· Understanding of browser/platform constraints as they affect online design
· Experience working with mobile applications
· You have a degree in User Experience Design, Interaction Design or related field
· Your portfolio speaks for itself, showing student work, internship work, and ideally 1-3 years of corporate or agency experience.
· You have excellent communication skills
· You have web design experience
· You have an obvious passion for desktop, mobile and social platforms
· You have a strong customer focus and excellent attention to detail