Kiwi Crate is an innovative eCommerce company that sparks kids-T creativity and curiosity through offline and online materials and inspiration. We offer kids a delightful, engaging way to explore, create, and learn. We offer a subscription service that delivers curated hands-on projects to kids. We take great pride and ownership in the products we build and in the community of parents and kids we serve. We''re backed by leading investors and were named one of the "20 Startups to Watch" by Business Insider and "Hottest Companies in Silicon Valley" by Lead411. Our office is located in Mountain View, within walking distance from Caltrain.
The Product Designer role at Kiwi Crate centers around fulfilling our promise todelight children and familieswith the projects and associated experiences and memories we deliver. It-Ts a rewarding, rich position that requires a fun balance of left and right brain skills. Additionally, it-Ts a critical role - that of a true brand steward. It-Ts one that directly shapes our customers-T impressions and impacts acquisition as well as retention.
You will be developing projects (arts, crafts, science, imaginative play, and more) that we curate for kids.
* Includes project creation with the design team/parent community, project testing, editorial content development, material sourcing and negotiation, and packaging design.
* Assigns and manages design team and resources.
* Translates business, marketing, and branding objectives into design strategies.
* Collaborates closely with marketing (blogs, publishing videos/projects), and inventory planning.
* Manages development of print work for packaging, specialty items, and collateral. Organizes and art directs photoshoots.
As a start-up celebrating creativity and development, we believe and encourage the same in our team. We seek team players with an infectious positive energy, great initiative, and a get-it-done attitude. Candidates must thrive in ambiguity and love a rapid pace. You must have a strong desire to learn and improve.
The ideal candidate has great initiative and operating range. Required skills and responsibilities:
* 5+ years of design and product development experience with demonstrated creative successes.
* Ability to design and merchandise a fun and enriching set of projects - for kids and for parents
* Understanding and management of design and development process from concept to production.
* Draw upon inspiration from external sources as well as inspiration from experience. Think outside of the box, yet put yourself in customers-T shoes. Innovative thinking and creative problem solving skills.
* Always learning, testing, and iterating. Thrives with numbers and data. Manages test crews with great organization. Great business intuition and appreciation of design principles.
* Positive management and encouragement of the design team/community, yet able to give insightful, straight feedback that brings the product to the next level.
* Lead and influence others. Strong organizational and project management skills. Partner and collaborate closely with marketing and inventory planning.
* Strong visual design skills and high level of taste and aesthetic sense. Love of detail and design finesse.
* Some experience in children-Ts products and/or child development
* Prototyping skills
* Some experience in sourcing