Title: Application Analyst (GIS Analyst)
Location: US-MI-Benton Harbor/St. Joseph
About Whirlpool Corporation
Whirlpool is the industry leader in the manufacturing and marketing of home appliances. Whirlpool is a global company and markets Whirlpool, Maytag, KitchenAid, Jenn-Air, Amana, Brastemp, Bauknecht, Consul and other major brand names in more than 170 countries around the world.
Whirlpool is a company that creates innovative solutions and products to meet consumer needs. As a result, we have been recognized as one of the world's 100 most innovative companies by Business Week magazine and the Boston Consulting Group. Additionally, Whirlpool
Corporation was ranked among the Top 20 Innovators in Consumer Products by The Patent Board and has been consistently ranked as one of the Top 20 Companies for Leaders by Hewitt Associates and Fortune magazine.
Our unique business strategy provides us with an unmatched leadership position and ability to build and sustain loyalty to our brands. Our strategy allows us to move with greater speed to better serve our trade customer and end consumers around the globe.
Currently, we are seeking qualified candidates for a Application Analyst - Human Resources opening to join our Corporate Center organization.
Day to Day (what a typical day or week look like in this role)
Today, you might be working with your business partners to help define a new process and clearly define the business needs so that a technical solution can be built. Tomorrow, you'll work with team members from around the globe to determine the status of application development and how the business will be affected if the completion does move. And, you might later that afternoon meet with your local business partner and present to them the fact based reasons why their application request is needing to change some way. You may also chair a global online meeting with both strategic suppliers and Whirlpool members to brainstorm how processes can be changed to improve the overall deliverables to the business.
What You Will Do
* Expert in how the business process and technical solutions fit together (end to end)
* Works closely with Support Partners (NGA, Accenture, IBM, SaaS providers)
* In conjunction with HRIS organization, assess and recommend system changes to increase business effectiveness and efficiency
* Provide education and consulting with the business on the technical capabilities of the SAP HR solution to increase business value realized
* Participate as a member of the Corporate Center Support Team, focusing on managing delivery of support services to Whirlpool.
* Interact with Global Partner Delivery Center Leads for NGA and Accenture on a day-to-day basis to assist with completion of Enhancements, Service Requests and Incidents.
* Identify regression and integration testing requirements and provide guidance to project teams in developing end-to-end test scenarios.
* Work with business end-users and Delivery Center analysts to clarify and develop functional designs.
* Participate in project definition, development, testing, implementation and post go-live support during projects as required
* Facilitate MOB and RCA processes, driving continuous improvement
* Facilitate process of implementing changes to production, or provide approval of transports into production.
* Assess the systems changes for SOX impacts, communicate the impacts to the business, and seek approval from Internal Controls/ Shared Service Center (SSC).
* Drive and collaborate with Strategic Partners to update and leverage a Common Knowledge Management (CKM) repository to improve institutionalization of knowledge and speed of recovery during Incident triage
* Work with GIS, Business and SaaS providers to ensure optimal environment and on-going assessments
What You Need To Succeed
* Strong analytical and problem identification/resolution skills
* Must have strong SAP HR & R3 configuration experience (IMG).
* Must be able to understand SAP BW configuration (WorkBench) .
* Experience working with and understanding of various HR SaaS solutions, such as Workday, Success Factors, Taleo, Kronos, and the integration with SAP
* Must possess strong communication skills, both written and verbal
* Must be a self-motivated team player with a demonstrated high level of consultative and communications expertise
* Effectively engage Strategic Partners and 3rd Party providers
* Ability to interact constructively with WHR leadership and make decisions under stressful situations
* Experience working in or supporting a global HR environment
* Experience coordinating offshore delivery teams
* Strong sourcing and services mindset with track record of building lasting relationships
Whirlpool has big plans for the future, just like you. We understand that it takes preparation and hard work to get there. So, we offer challenging purpose, ownership of your role, great teams, and tools to build your capability. In our performance-based setting, you can take your career in exciting new directions - and as far as you want to go.