Title: KitchenAid Small Appliances Laboratory Operations Engineer
Location: US-MI-Benton Harbor/St. Joseph
About Whirlpool Corporation
Whirlpool is the industry leader in the manufacturing and marketing of home appliances. Whirlpool is a global company and markets Whirlpool, Maytag, KitchenAid, Jenn-Air, Amana, Brastemp, Bauknecht, Consul and other major brand names in more than 170 countries around the world.
Whirlpool is a company that creates innovative solutions and products to meet consumer needs. As a result, we have been recognized as one of the world's 100 most innovative companies by Business Week magazine and the Boston Consulting Group. Additionally, Whirlpool Corporation was ranked among the Top 20 Innovators in Consumer Products by The Patent Board and has been consistently ranked as one of the Top 20 Companies for Leaders by Hewitt Associates and Fortune magazine.
Our unique business strategy provides us with an unmatched leadership position and ability to build and sustain loyalty to our brands. Our strategy allows us to move with greater speed to better serve our trade customer and end consumers around the globe.
Currently, we are seeking qualified candidates for a Laboratory Operations Engineer opening to join our KitchenAid Small Appliances Product Integrity organization.
What You Will Do
* Develop reliability test plans and execute reliability testing.
* Actively participate in TDPs (technical design previews).
* Monitor / resolve product approval issues.
* Work with Design Engineers and Technicians regarding testing issues.
* Quantify reliability estimates, and track reliability growth.
* Evaluate current test methods with a critical eye to understand which methods are in need of improvement.
* Document test method improvements.
* Develop new test methods for measurement of data required for new product designs
What You Need To Succeed
* Bachelor of Science in Engineering
* Experience in design validation and lab testing.
* Experience in reliability engineering
* Able to manage multiple projects.
* Excellent attention to detail.
* Strong verbal/written communication skills.
* OPEX trained/ Black Belt certification a plus
* Position may be filled at a higher or lower level.
Whirlpool has big plans for the future, just like you. We understand that it takes preparation and hard work to get there. So, we offer challenging purpose, ownership of your role, great teams, and tools to build your capability. In our performance-based setting, you can take your career in exciting new directions - and as far as you want to go.